Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
julieann
Legendary Laner

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by julieann »

well done everyone! I have been going to ww since January and only have 1lb to go and I'll have a stone off. I've had a couple of weeks where I haven't been so good and only 1 week where I gained so I'm pleased. Its coming off slowly but I am determined to maintain the changes to my eating habits. My son is doing the fasting and has had to buy a smaller size in his clothes, its definitely working for him. keep that motivation going everyone! )t'
Julie x
wendy

Post by wendy »

Brilliant Julieann. )t' Feels so good doesn't it.
Great that your son is doing good on the fasting. Men always seem to find weight lose easier. :?
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

1 think that's true about men Wendy, I've noticed at our class the men seem to lose consistently and good amounts at a time ...
Julie x
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Well done Julieann, a stone is a great milestone )app(
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

yay! Well done Julieann :-D
I think maybe men are a bit more competitive generally - whereas most of us here have no real problem with coming on and saying 'stayed the same again this week' or 'oops - takeaway at the weekend, and cake the next day, but it was my cat's Birthday, so that's ok'.

I've stayed the same, despite being good - hoping for a loss next week though.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Ooh didn't realised was allowed extra cake on my cat's birthday thanks LBF )t' {rofwl}

Down by half a pound for the first time in weeks so happy enough. Well done for staying the same LBF, that's been me for the last 4 weeks but just glad not to be gaining.
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Well done Julieann a stone is a great loss )c(
Miss Ellie you know that the saying is every little helps it all adds up )c(
LBF well done too at least you havnt gained )c(
Good luck for this next week everyone {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Sunday is weigh in day for me, last week no loss but this week another kilo down. I really feel so much better. After a few years of feeling uncomfortable and wanting to do something but not getting started this feels good.
Everyone has their own point when they can do something about their health and there is nothing worse than starting before you are ready and getting disappointed but it is nice to know it can be done.
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
perchy

Post by perchy »

Well done everyone, am keeping an eye on you {hug}

I have lost another 5lbs since I last wrote, I havn't put any on some weeks have stayed the same and then lost half pounds etc. keep it up, rooting for you all {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Wow 5lb. I wish. Well done
Difficult week again, so I will be glad to have stayed the same >fi<
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

yay! Well done Perchy - and welcome back :-D

2lb on for me }hairout{
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Well done Homemade and Perchy {hug} nice to see you {hug}
No change for me but have decided I'm now happy with that so will now aim to not pile it all back on again :oops:
Woody Allen
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Well the silver lining to having a tummy bug is I'm down by another 2 lb )c( . That's 19.5lb in total so very pleased.
Hows everyone else doing? It's been very quiet on here recently
Woody Allen
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

There's a good reason for that, Ellie! I've well and truly fallen off the waggon and have been too embarrassed to post. I started a new job with really good intentions of walking during my lunch break, eating healthily etc and have more or less done the exact opposite. I'm starving by about 10 oclock, and then just feel the need to eat pretty much all day long. It's partly stress-eating, I think, but I am genuinely hungry a lot of the time, and I am now eating about twice as much as I was before the job started. I don't want this to become a habit and I don't know how to break it. I've put on about 4lbs in the last month.

Any suggestions anyone? I need a good talking to.
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Me too Freeranger (although I had barely got on the wagon to start with :oops: )

With the lovely weather last week, I went to put on some of my summer clothes and nono of them fit - even the pair of cut-offs I haven't worn for years because they've been too big are now uncomfortably tight. I have put on 1st 8lbs since giving up smoking in January :oops:

I actually considered just going out and buying bigger clothes but a) I can't afford it and b) I LOVE some of my clothes and really want to wear them again.

So I bit the bullet and joined slimming world (again!) this week. Nick moaned at me because it'll be spending a fiver to get weighed every week (he can't see the point) but I've done SW several times before and it always works for me - I just hate going to the classes.

I have hung my favourite dress on the back of the kitchen door and my second favourite on the outside of my wardrobe to keep me motivated to get back in them before my holiday >fi<
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway