Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
wendy

Re: Positive about sorting my weight this time...

Post by wendy »

Well I put on a 1lb this week.
Like a bloomin' yo yo this 1 lb :?
Before I was ill I never had a problem loosing the weight. Now it is a struggle and it is only about 5lb )gr:
I recently have thought that I had a problem for about 21 years and I think this is a bit more proof.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I'm still hovering at a pound either side of the 12 stone mark. I've been doing lots and eating lots, so the two are obviously cancelling one another out. I need to make soup tomorrow - that seems to make a big difference, if I have a big pot of soup to eat for lunches every day, then I eat much less bread and cheese :-D
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

im getting back on it! i really have to i see some picture of me yesterday on the bike ride and it looks like free willy is riding a bike!!

Im going to follow the slimming world plan again, plus im going to 'try' and start running again to hopefully do the race for life in july (just for me this time, not for sponsorship).

So my question is what to make for tea, i have pretty much a full loaf of wholemeal that is going stale but still useable i thought maybe something with breadcrumbs, then i though cauliflower cheese, but lets be honest thats not much healthy is it! xx
photos of allotment & other nice things: http://pinterest.com/girlontheplot/

Follow my blog:
http://girlontheplot.blogspot.co.uk/

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
manda

Post by manda »

Well....I fell off the wagon and put back on just about all the weight I lost....I know why...I've not eaten enough or often enough....no excuses it just is what it is and I need to get more organised....so back onto it - I so hope I can find my healthy eating mojo >fi<
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
wendy

Post by wendy »

Yep constant battle isn't it. Up and at 'em Manda )t'

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

I've been a bit of a back slider recently too :oops: I've still got half a stone to go so we can all start encouraging each other in time for 'summer' (Or winter in Manda's case).
Good luck ladies >veg1< >veg1<
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I was losing weight steadily since I left my ship but seem to have plonked a few pounds (half a stone) back on recently; might have something to do with cider. We have some great SW recipes, had pulled pork with barbeque sauce yesterday and it was excellent. I find that planning a few days ahead really helps as you know what you are going to have so you can pack sufficient fruit to munch on during the day.
Bah Humbug
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I did better today and didn't start over-eating until late afternoon. I have been taking a granary bread sandwich - cooked meat and tomato, no spread - an apple and two bananas (due to an online shopping accident where OH bought 5 bunches rather than 5 bananas!). Have still needed soup and sometimes another sandwich to avoid being hungry and feeling sick. I've started arranging meetings for the time that the chuck waggon visits so that I can't go and get anything, and filling up with cups of tea. Sewing my lips together or gluing myself to the chair would seem to be the next steps!
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

Going back to WW on monday, I have put so much weight on, just basically greedy and like all the wrong foods too much. I can feel its not doing me any good because my breathing is worse and I just feel yuck. my own fault. Will just have to pay the weekly fee and get on with it. Think my health is worth the £5.50p a week.
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

mrs boodles wrote:Going back to WW on monday, I have put so much weight on, just basically greedy and like all the wrong foods too much. I can feel its not doing me any good because my breathing is worse and I just feel yuck. my own fault. Will just have to pay the weekly fee and get on with it. Think my health is worth the £5.50p a week.

i know what you mean mrs boodles, i feel the same about SW, on one hand i think ill go back then on other, its the money..

I'm really trying to go it alone and just eat really well and drink loads of water. Today i had muesli for my breakfast, and a wholemeal egg and lettuce sandwich, with cous cous salad. im also going to get running again as soon as i feel i can xx

Follow my blog:

Just make sure my think works are wound extra tight, and I will formulate a plan!
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

{rofwl} Hey BM wholemeal eggs you have very clever girls it didnt half make me giggle. Love it :-D Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
boosmummy
Longlasting Laner

Post by boosmummy »

Linda S wrote:{rofwl} Hey BM wholemeal eggs you have very clever girls it didnt half make me giggle. Love it :-D Lindaxx

Oh haha, I didn't even realise haha. Xx

Follow my blog:

Homemade
Legendary Laner

Post by Homemade »

Still on the fasting diet, have started going swimming once a week and still going to pilates class once a week.

Hubby is still losing weight steadily . Mine has slowed but is a steady small amount which is fine by me. I have got about a kilo and a half left to loose and then the challenge will be to keep it off.

As Hubby will still be losing for quite a while I think I will stick to the 5/2 fasting, partly to keep him company and partly because it is a good way to keep the weekly calories down to a reasonable maintenance level without stinting or worrying for the 5 non diet days.

I now have 4 of the Mums and Dads at the toddler group on this diet too!
Quand je serai vieille je vais vivre en France
Sunny Clucker, she came, she saw, she moved on!
wendy

Post by wendy »

Woohoo doing great and helping others as well. )t' )t'
I still have the fasting days, just to keep OH company as you say. Every where says it is good for you.

LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I'm officially back on the wagon :-D
A friend told me about The Harcombe Diet - I bought the book & have just finished Phase 1, 7lb lighter than I started :)
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.