Man Flu!!

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

At least you have all weekend to recover, I am sure your wife will bring you hot drinks / cold beer / food as required, and also put the TV on the football channels for you :razz:
lorraine
Lively Laner

Post by lorraine »

We win hands down girls- they need us plain and simple )j; dont they realise we just pretend to be the weaker s.ex to make them feel good! )t'
Lorraine
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Saint Spoon the programe is called
"Loose Women"

I would love to see you sat amongst them!I'm sure you would just flutter your eye lashes and roll over for a tummy rub!!

And to Bob i blame you for all this LOL you started it all last weekend with your "i'm not feeling well and the wife has gone out who will get my cold beer from the fridge"?? post!
Ha!!
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Oh I forgot to add its my weekend off )t'

OH has just informed me he has a cold! )de: Need i say more???? confused>
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

It's gonna be a fun weekend for you then Stace :oops:

Have you learnt to pour beer, carry bowls of ice cream (Dave says they are needed for manflu), change the channel, turn the page of the newspaper to the sports bit whilst ironing, cooking and sorting out the chooks? If you get REALLY good at it you may even manage to stick the broom in an appropriate place as well! )j; )j;

Lucy x

P.S. GOOD LUCK! All us women will know what you're going through :-D
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

yes ice cream does help
but the wife has to spoon feed it to the patient
(whilst in a nursey uniform) :-D
if no uniform is avalible normal clothing will be ok
(i surpose)

but you must stir the ice cream so it has no lumps
so its like ice cream soup
and you could add some chocolate or strawberry source :-D )t'
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
plumbob
Lively Laner

Post by plumbob »

(whilst in a nurses uniform) im up for that
My wife .Her dog. Her parrot.MY CHICKENS.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Look guys, you ARE NOT REALLY ILL its just a cold :shock: and now you want a nurse to visit, what a complete waste of NHS funds )dwn:
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

i pay my taxes )t'
"The trouble with quotes over the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." -- Abraham Lincoln
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

That's very careless of you........
Dave
Legendary Laner

Post by Dave »

still banned on the ss site??????
so is kell confused>
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Dave I cannot understand it at all - I will email one of the mods and see if they can shed any light on it, and for goodness sake try to find a way to (legally of course) pay less tax - they are just chucking our money down the drain.....
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

stace wrote:Saint Spoon the programe is called
"Loose Women"

Is this what passes for entertainment amongst the fairer s.ex? I tried to watch it the other day but couldn’t bear the incessant tittle-tattling and non-descript conversation. No wonder we are it global financial meltdown if half of the worlds population carries on like this, I am actually quite glad that I have to go to work so that there is no chance of future exposure to this type of thing. I read recently that scientist have discovered several species of protozoa which actively swim into the on coming mouths of basking sharks to avoid light hearted chat about topics that only housewives could ever find even vaguely interesting. The mass suicides of Siberian lemmings are also blamed on a native crofter accidentally leaving his television on whilst out herding his reindeer. Anyway I’m off to watch something proper like football focus.
)t'
Bah Humbug
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

saint-spoon wrote: Anyway I’m off to watch something proper like football focus.
)t'

Football Focus, now thats a worthwhile programme to watch - grown up men talking about other grown up men playing around with a ball and occasionally gettin it into a net so that they can all kiss each other.

(I've never seen the women tittle tattle programme thank goodness, our TV tends to not come on till at least 10.30pm whereupon hubby flicks through about 300 channels then says - 'there's nothing on' and switches it off again. Well except on Saturday night when he watches Match of the Day, he must like watching men kissing too :shock: )
Meanqueen
Legendary Laner

Post by Meanqueen »

I like a bit of tittle tattle, Loose Women are funny, lighten up a bit SS. It's all about people's lives, it's colourful, it's banter like you get down the pub, it's light hearted and amusing, it's a bit like the tittle tattle that goes on here, a break from all the gloom and doom going on. It's people being friendly and nice to each other, it's what makes the world go round. Long live Loose Women.

Ilona
)t'