good living verse non good living

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

good living verse non good living

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Well today I have been told my younger bro has cancer in colon.

Now I am smoking , eat terrible , sofa work outs sleep non regular , stress , worry , work till I am carried out feet first , every thing one should not do .

My younger bro by 2 years , GOD fearing , non smoking , active , educated to the highest , eats drinks sleeps country life , quotes all the good things in life .

There is no logic , but my mind set is if I behaved so well , missing the things I do / done and copped a s... end , I would be spinning in my grave .

Well 42 is the meaning of life which makes as much sense as life it self.
Comments welcome .
Bob
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Re: good living verse non good living

Post by Gwenoakes »

I used to smoke, Bob but stopped about 4 possibly 5 years ago now, cannot remember. No one pressured me into doing it, just got up one day and thought I am not going to smoke anymore.
I do drink, not too much, but if anyone was to suggest taking my Bacardi and Coke away from me there would be big problems. LOL
Not God fearing at all, mostly eat decent food, but have the occasional slip up if I am honest.
I turned 71 yesterday and if I am honest I am overweight, but I cannot do as much physically as I used to because of arthritis, so hey ho.
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi happy birthday ,
I go bye if I wake up then I am going to have a good day.
(Did not die in my sleep.)
Quality of life ,If you do go to meet your maker and you can look in a mirror and be happy with what you see , what more can you ask for.
Raised a Christian , Got caught reading a Battle story book instead of singing, told to sing a solo , left never went back . Good money at the time . Weddings and Services.
Probably then a object as against person person.
Wandering off.
Should one take out a insurance policy and behave well at some point just to get through the golden gates.

When I am dead ,I want a single ticket (passenger ) on a cross channel ferry and thrown over board .
Bob
Got to be cheap 20 quid plus the drinks are duty free .
Bob
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

Just one question Bob, who will be doing the drinking of the 'free' drinks on the ferry?
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

The one ( s ) that throw me over board . Insurance claim , all sorts they could try . Maybe a film of wheres Bob .
Put a message in my mouth and like a bottle see where it ends up .
Fishing boat trip , use me as bait .
Re cycling , keep a whole shoal of fish feed for months and months . (Sorry worms you will miss out ).
Against - pollution of the sea ....
Bob
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Post by fabindia »

Hi Bob. It does often seem that life isn't fair but that the way it is I am afraid.

I hope your brother pulls through as on a positive note a guy on my team in UK in his early 40s was diagnose with cancer of the colon a few years back. He received excellent care and treatment from the NHS and following an op, seems to have made a full recovery. Wishing your brother the same.
Michael
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all ,good news on my Brother , He has had his operation and seems he is got a good result .
He had the best in the country doing the operation and second view etc. Money does count when it comes to looking after yourself I am sorry to say. Contacts and also who you know .
So all things looking good . Modern medicine has come along way from my Cave man thinking days.
Bob
Does not help me as I am the black sheep of the Family to say the least.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Bob
Does not help me as I am the black sheep of the Family to say the least.

Your hens wouldn't say that
Glad your brother is doing well
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire