Unbelievable

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Unbelievable

Post by Spreckly »

Last August time I broke great chunks out of my remaining eye tooth. Because I was having chemo, the dentist was unable to give me an injection and permanent filling.
With months of treatment looming up, I finally persuaded her to put a dressing in the tooth, which she reluctantly agreed to.

I nursed this dressing until yesterday, when after completing, chemo, radiotherapy and brachytherapy, I returned to have a permanent filling put in. Wonderful, I thought. Last night, however, half of the filling came out, perhaps I was better off with the dressing?

No dentist available today, and I have to wait until tomorrow for a phone call to see when they can treat me. Not impressed.
fabindia
Legendary Laner

Re: Unbelievable

Post by fabindia »

I think our health care system has become increasingly frustrating, especially under Covid. That said, we certainly don't want a health care system like in the USA.

I hope you get it sorted soon.
Michael
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thanks Michael, yes managed to get an appointment, and the tooth has been sorted.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Unfortunately, although my new filling is all right, I had a semi-permanent filling put in a back tooth a couple of years since, and this has come out. Waiting to hear back from the dentist about an appointment.