Anybody into herbal medicine?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I think i eat all the wrong foods for my neck and shoulder problems!

Things do seem to make it worse!

I am hoping for Acupuncture for my neck problems, i have been dizzy and off balance for weeks, x-ray was normal! I am going for physiotherapy in a few weeks, i am hoping its a trapped nerve and that having this will shift it! Someone has mentioned TMJ as i do have all the symptoms of this!

Never tried any herbs though!

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Now this is a bit )ot: in a way - a long story cut short.....

About 10 years ago on a rainy night our cat was sheltering under the car unbeknown to me as I drove off :shock: and she didn't get out in time and I ran his tail over +cry+

After much treatment, amptutation and so on she was still having problems with the wound healing a year on.

So my lovely vet asked if he could try acupuncture on her, no cost, he had been studying it and wanted to try it out.

Well it was amazing, she was quite a nervous puss, but as soon as he put two needles in at a certain point she completely relaxed. I cannot remember how many he used altogether I think maybe a dozen. After 4 or 5 sessions he wound had completely healed up.

She went on to live to about 11 years fo age )t'
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Wow, that's amazing kate. I'm glad that it worked for him.
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

It was a kind of miracle, the vet was amazed and very pleased that he had done it )t'
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

I watched a programme about acupuncture once and apparently it stimulates certain areas in the brain that helps the body to heal itself.
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Hope they can find my brain then LOL

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
bookbinder
Lively Laner

Post by bookbinder »

I am a registered nurse and a licensed homoeopath... I would like to say something similar to Darra...take care with over the counter homoeopathic remedies... a general rule I would say is if you would buy an "ordinary" over the counter remedy then you are propbably ok with and over the counter homoeopathic one.... I'm thinking of simple things like arnica for sprains and colds and sore throat type things. anything more serious then see a practitioner. some GPs are also qualified as homoeopaths or may have a homoeopath in their surgery.