Tennis elbow?

Maintaining a better wellbeing, mainline or alternative
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Tennis elbow?

Post by kate egg »

On Christnas day I was carrying a heavy pan to the sink to drain the water out when a huge pain shot down my arm. Ever since it has been painful on and off and if I pick something heavy up it really gives me some gip.

Driving to pick youngest up from school today my arm was v painful. Tonight I cannot use it at all, I am typing this all with my left hand, and its quite tricky using the mouse left handed too +cry+

Anyone any advice?
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

Sounds like you have strained it somehow!

Where is the pain now? Has it settled in one place? Its very easy to pull a muscle when lifting things like that, and they do take a while to heal

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Lilo-Lil
Legendary Laner

Post by Lilo-Lil »

I banged my elbow hanging the washing out by falling over the cat. I didnt think much of it at the time. Crikey, the next day it was agony and it took about 4 weeks for it to be back to normal.

Sounds like you need lots of tlc and cups of tea in bed in the mornings. Hoovering, carrying shopping and such housework could be out of the question, so enjoy the rest!

Resist the temptation to put on a brave face, and cuddle up on the sofa with the dog instead. You may find chocolate, wine and having sole rights over the remote and PC will aid recovery.
Neutered pets are happy pets! Please spay or neuter your pets. There are thousands in rescue waiting for loving homes, and not enough people to take them on.
manda

Post by manda »

Does sound like you have tennis elbow or similar.
You need to start off by resting it ...COMPLETELY... no heavy weights in fact if possible no weight at all (although I know that's easier said than done) and something like Brufen or if you are into homeopathics...where's our homeopathic friend??? )c( .

I have to be honest it didn't do the trick for me (I had tennis elbow a couple of years ago) and after pain killers (which didn't do it either) I had acupuncture which sorted it out.

Take care of it please, you think it's ok and then pick up a weight and you find out it's not...then it takes longer to go right.
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
hfbinnie
Lively Laner

Post by hfbinnie »

put some tubigrip on the elbow and rest as said. If it doesn't improve in a few days see your GP.
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

My sympathy to you, mr seahorse suffers with both his elbows from time to time and has had cortisone jabs in both. This last lot seems to have done the job, it is also important to rest it ...not as easy as it sounds. It got so bad that I was having to dress him ! Ha Ha that was fun!! :-D . Look after yourself and dont leave it too long as it takes longer to heal then.
Looove chucks!
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks everyone - its been fine all night but is starting to ache again now. I am going to pinch some tubi-grip out of youngest's drawer (he always has some cos he plays footie).

I know I set it off again last night carrying a pan of veg to the sink to drain - exactly what started it in the first place.

Not sure about seeing doc - they usually tell you to take a painkiller which I am doing anyway.

If anyone has any herbal / natural remedies I would be very interested )t'
echelon
Longlasting Laner

Post by echelon »

Some Arnica Gel would help the inflammation and pain. You can also try a tubigrip support as well. Hope you feel better soon xxx
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks I hadn't thought of arnica - I thought that was for bruising? Wore a tubi-grip yesterday but by evening it was realy irritating :? got it back on again today. Not so painful but could be the ibuprofen working )t'
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi,

Nasty, you could try an ice pack now and again. A bag of frozen peas is as good.
It's odd how hot and cold can both help.

)t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Hot certainly does - I have been taking a hot bath in the evening instead of my usual shower, and my arm certainly feels better after being in the hot water for a while )t' a good book and glass of wine help too :-D :-D

I hate tennis, and now even more even though it was cooking wot caused it :razz: I suppose it could be worse and I could have housemaids knee :shock: hate housework too :!:
sharon the chauffeur
Longlasting Laner

Post by sharon the chauffeur »

silly ? Kate, but have you tried ralgex spray, as when i was in pain likewise sometimes needed it hot others cold i found this went a long way into helping me foot, ok i know the stuff is rather smelly , but it helped me, do get better soon x x
kate egg
Legendary Laner

Post by kate egg »

Thanks Sharon, but I have to stay away from it, last time i tried it i had a really bad reaction, hyper-ventilating etc and nearly ended up in a&e :shock:

pain not bad today, i am resting it a lot, and using just my left arm as much as poss. i realise now that the world is geared up for right handed poeple, cos everything now is on the wrong side :!:
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

seahorse wrote:My sympathy to you, mr seahorse suffers with both his elbows from time to time and has had cortisone jabs in both. This last lot seems to have done the job, it is also important to rest it ...not as easy as it sounds. It got so bad that I was having to dress him ! Ha Ha that was fun!! :-D . Look after yourself and dont leave it too long as it takes longer to heal then.

Now Seahorse the only reason you were laughing is because he didn't suit the blue dress and pink shoes!! :-D
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Have found this, regarding homoeopathy:

tennis elbow

I used to give my horse rhus tox for sprains/strains. )t'
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/