Cant find a really easy baby cardy/jumper knitting pattern

From Crochet to Collectables and other Interests
Chi Chi
Longlasting Laner

Cant find a really easy baby cardy/jumper knitting pattern

Post by Chi Chi »

I know im starting a bit early, but im a slow knitter and after looking at the prices of baby knit wear yike* is these days, im going to try to knit as much as possible in DK yarn (cant get anything else here) Frugal baby :-D

Ive been looking through the internet for a really easy newborn baby jumper/ cardie pattern.
All a bit complicated for me.

I can knit, purl, inc and dec, but i cant do button holes yet, does anyone know a simple pattern?

Also if any ones knows easy patterns for bootees and gloves and bibs that would be great

Any help would be really appreciated )t'
perchy

Re: Cant find a really easy baby cardy/jumper knitting patte

Post by perchy »

I don't have any and I can't really knit but found this for you to have a look at, also there are lots of knitters on here so am sure they will let you have some patterns as soon as they see this )t'

http://www.freepatterns.com/list.html?cat_id=368
wendy

Post by wendy »

I will knit some things for you,
If you find some patterns you like send or email to me and what colour you want.
I can get the wool and you can send me a cheque. Cheaper than you getting the wool and then posting.Failing that I can knit some I have here.All my patterns are fancy patterns.
If you find an easy pattern you think you can knit. Leave the button holes out and sew in press studs.
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww Wendy that is lovely of you, you could perhaps put a few pics of your baby clothes on here, they are very beautiful {hug}
wendy

Post by wendy »

Willingly I love knitting baby things.
These are on dolls,

This is some of them, I like 'baby' clothes. But l do the modern ones as well, usually for my G Grand children.

mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

They are lovely Wendy, the patterns looks quite intricate. you are just so talented.
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Are you a member on Ravelry - it's free to join, and there are more patterns than you could ever make use of. You can search them by yarn type/pattern difficulty etc etc. You might have to join to be able to see the links:
This one is very easy, and the pattern designer is a friend of mine, so I know that she is lovely & will gladly help if you get stuck.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
Chi Chi
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chi Chi »

Sorry I took so long to get back to the post there, ive not been able to stop nodding off all weekend :-D

Wendy your knitting is a work of art, just beautiful, you must have some power of concentration and patience for work that detailed.

I would love if you could knit a cardie or two, thankyou so much for offering {hug}

Do you want to pm me with details ?

Thanks so much again, I am really touched that you would offer {hug}

Thanks perchy and and Little brown frog, I'll have a good look through those sites for easy things I could do.
wendy

Post by wendy »

PM sent

sazchops
Legendary Laner

Post by sazchops »

I would also happily knit cardys and bootees though mine aren't nearly as intricate as Wendys )t'
Sarah - slave to Cats Anthony, Elsa and Pippa, Chickens, Heidi, Fleur, Gabby and Marmite, R.I.P Cadbury
Chi Chi
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chi Chi »

Thanks Wendy, ive sent you a PM back )t'

Thanks Sazchops {hug}

Baby things are such a rip off now, had a wee look in Mothercare and spotted a pram, thinking "oh thats nice" turned over the price tag and nearly had a heart attack £600 yike* That the price range of the cars we buy.

Blankets were around the £20 mark and your talking about £10 per cardie, it is silly money.
And im trying to remember that babies actually don't need much. So keeping my list of things to get to the basics.

Thanks again for all the responses everyone, such a nice feeling to know help and advice is right there if needed {hug}
roger1234
Learner Laner

Post by roger1234 »

Hi guys,

I am new on this forum.

I have a two month old baby boy. So, I want to ask you from where I should buy Knitting pattern clothes for newborn baby with the best quality and at an affordable price?

Thanks in advance.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Goodness, I suddenly realised that I was looking at an old thread apart from today's post. Hope you find some patterns Roger. In the north, we have Yorkshire Trading and Boyes stores, both sell patterns, wool, etc.