Great Northern Cookbook

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Great Northern Cookbook

Post by Richard »

I watched the first episode on Channel 5 last night, I thought I'd switch off after 10 minutes but found it quite fascinating.
A teenie bit 'Bikers', cheeky and chirpy, but certainly full of something going on.

Sean Wilson interests me though and you have to give credit to him. He left Coronation Street and because of type casting I guess only got a bit of work here and there, so rather than sit down and wait, he got up, cooked in Michelin Star Restaurants then brought his own Cheese Company which is now internationally resourced....

http://www.saddleworthcheese.co.uk/

Bit spiked up gelled hair for 47 years old, but he's done good !!

You can see the webpages for the Programme and watch the first at...

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-great-northern-cookbook

Did anyone else watch it?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: Great Northern Cookbook

Post by Linda S »

We caught some of it Richard, from where they were making the huge sausage so dont know if i missed any before that part. We enjoyed it too it was a bit different thanks for the links i didnt know Sean had done all that. As you say the hair may be a bit naff but the lads done good )t' Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
grandmaeileen
Longlasting Laner

Post by grandmaeileen »

We've watched the series and it's been quite good. When my step daughter was married a couple of years ago, she had a "cheese cake" for the evening do and bought one of the tiers from his company, lovely cheese grommit!!
Mother of two, stepmum to two, all grown up and flown the nest. Grandma to Lucy, who's 12 and is my best friend. Two dogs, 6 Gingernut Rangers, and one lovely hubby!

R.I.P. Queenie, Missy,little hen and Edna
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Yes i saw it and have had some of Sean cheese, bought from himself in a big supermarket, he was promoting it and giving samples away )t'

I'd would like to win the trip on the Northern Belle, but the cost of entering those competitions is too much!
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

I normally watch all of the cookery programmes but I didn’t get on with this one for some reason, I gave it a go but didn’t deleted the ones I had recorded.
Bah Humbug
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

He made an incredible 18th. century recipe Yorkshire Pudding last night !!
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome