Operation hospital food..

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

presented by James Martin .. todays programme is trying to persuade the hospital to change from using battery farmed eggs )t'
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Operation hospital food..

Post by Benny&Co »

I've been enjoying watching that too Jannie whilst at the gym (I plug into the TV system, helps pass the time).

Did you see him make the cauli/apple soup the other day - I made it and it's very yummy )eat( :-D
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

Yes ..saw that Bev.. he has come up with some great ideas .. I love his simple approch to good food.. )t' .. I still can't believe there are hospitals serving nothing but packet and frozen food }hairout{ ..
I wondered if the batty rescue lady was a forum member.. :?
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Don't think so - she would have said I would have thought??

I've been following it on iplayer - find it interesting and provocative, the company I work for has alot of canteens/kitchen all over the UK. I'm gonna do some nagging I reckon...

Anyway the link, the bit on chooks starts at around 17mins into the programme.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_4/
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Oh Jannie, I certainly can believe the disgusting yuck that's served up in hospitals!

You'd honestly not believe it and the private ones are no better either. No in fact, I can think of one or two where the food isn't too bad - ie it's edible, so that's a good start! {rofwl}

I used to always try and take my own food or buy from somewhere where I knew it was okay.

I've worked shifts and gone on a break to find nothing left... used to happen lots at weekends. Terrible really.
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

PS: Guess what I'm making soon - moussaka :-D got some lamb mince from the butcher )c( )eat(
Bev x

jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

That's a good point Bev .. they need to feed patients well to get them back to health .. but we forget that the staff also have to eat that rubbish .. when they should be eating healthily to keep well and have a good immune system. Lets hope that a lot more hospitals follow James Martins advice )t'
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Nottingham trust have this award but the food is better at one of them???
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I actually put on weight when I spent a week in my local hospital, I loved every meal. Didn't have a problem eating battery eggs cause I don't eat eggs
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/