Strictly Come Dancing back

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: Strictly Come Dancing back

Post by lancashire lass »

sandy wrote:So Ed has gone, probably just about the right time as yesterday's dance wasn't up to his usual 'standard'

it did seem blah - apparently the newly introduced Cha Cha challenge was to increase the point difference to make sure he was put into the dance off so that the judges could vote him out. I have to confess the other contestants looked much more refined in comparison so maybe it was the right time to go.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Brilliant dancing tonight from all three finalists. Loved them all but wanted Ore to win. So sad Len leaving i hear Darcey will be head judge
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

It was so hard to pick a winner but pleased with the choice. I will also miss Len and I just hope that whoever replaces him will have the dancing qualification to do a good job.

Will miss Strictly on Saturday evenings and hope something entertaining takes its place. Have the Christmas one to look forward to. )x(
I am now a widow and live with my memories.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Fully deserved winner.

Needless to say lots of tweets saying Danny was robbed and Len influenced the vote by saying Ore was the true spirit of Strictly.

On the night, the best person won.
Danny was been in the West End Show 'Wicked' for quite some time, so no he hadn't had training, but he has had experience!
As for Len saying that, it was after the third dance and I'm sure everyone had voted by then anyway.

I felt a little sorry for Louise where the Judges gave her a dance which wasn't one of her highlights whereas they gave the two boys two of their show stoppers.

As far as next year's head judge, Karen Hardy is doing the Tour (in preparation??). Have to say I'd rather it wasn't her, not on a sexist basis, just don't think she's right for it.

Glad Ore won.

Richard )x( )x( )x(
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
mrs boodles
Legendary Laner

Post by mrs boodles »

I think the right pair won. It's sad that on some social media they are saying it was a fix etc. To my mind although the others were very good even though Danny made mistake in his quickstep Ore and Joanne were spot on and I loved there dances
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Anyone else watching the new series of Strictly Come Dancing 2017? Seems like a good line up with some surprisingly good talent to watch out for - even a couple I expected to be terrible were so much better than I expected, and the Reverend Richard Cole appears to be the next "Ed Balls" for the entertainment factor. I thought Shirley Ballas as Len Goodman's replacement made some well deserved encouraging remarks - I think she'll slip into her new role very well.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Ah., can't keep me away from Strictly )like(

Yes, some good talent there this year (although I'd only ever heard of half of them !!!).

Boy and Girl Band people always seem to do well.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Was sortin out tax forms when it was on }hairout{ I tend to get more interested when there are fewer dancers but so much better than the drivel on the other side
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce

albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Love Strictly and think the line up this year is so good. Also like the new judge who gives good fair comments.
Do note that we haven't yet had the silliness from the presenters and hope it stays that way. Just the bit with the mirror which I could tolerate. Roll on to next week. )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am not a dancer but come on!Brian was like a clunking log of wood ! Why could only Craig see that? I want Debbie to won already, she was such a lovely sole on the celebrities go barging programme

sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I was surprised the Rev was in the bottom two so early, usually the worst dancer is kept in and he must have a big congregation? Not surprised Charlotte was out, was surprised Davood was in the bottom two though. There is speculation now Brendan may leave apparently he and Anton, who are both originals, still get the same pay as the newbies, hmmm welcome to my world.

Richard

Post by Richard »

Semi finals tonight.

Who do you think should win, and / or who will win !!

Bit like I'm a Celeb with all the social media hype!

Still wish they'd cut out the stupid childish jokes by you know which presenter with the fringed black hair!!

Richard
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Post by albertajune »

Looking forward to this evening but have no idea who might eventually win. I do think that Debbie is a great dancer. I love ballroom dancing and would like to see the different dances done to the rhythms that are associated with them. For instance, alexandra was in the dance off a couple of weeks ago after dancing a rumba to a modern song. I love it to be danced to a proper latin american rhythm which makes it very sexy. Hers didn't come across as the latin dance that I know but not her fault.
Like you Richard I hate the silliness from her with the dark fringe all so rehearsed but not so bad this year.
Richard

Post by Richard »

I guess Debbie or Alexandra should win, but Joe is popular ref 'the journey' plus Molly and AJ are in love :-D :-D :-D

Get the feeling that Debbie and Alex wont get the public vote if they're both through to the final next week.

The nation awaits !!

Richard
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Richard wrote:I guess Debbie or Alexandra should win, but Joe is popular

Yes, I think either of those 3 though the public don't seem to like Alexandra - the judges have been in awe of her dancing (9s and 10s) yet she has been in 2 dance offs after the votes. It's difficult to know as they are all becoming skilled dancers so it may be a case of the chosen dances don't suit their style that loses them points