The Vicar of Dibley

Discuss relevant News,TV Programmes and any good reads
fabindia
Legendary Laner

The Vicar of Dibley

Post by fabindia »

I noticed there are going to be some new 'lockdown' episodes of the Vicar of Dibley. They are only going to be short, 10 minutes, featuring Geraldine (Dawn French) delivering Zoom sermons during in lockdown.

As we have plenty of time on our hands at the minute, Wendy and I are have started watching all episodes on BBC iPlayer, as I think we only watched a few the first time around. It's not only a well written comedy but now has a sense of nostalgia.

I found it quite funny that in the first episode, just before the new vicar arrives, they say they want a young vicar not someone as old as the Rolling Stones. That was 26 years ago and 'The Stones' are still going strong. Their last single release, 'Living in a Ghost Town', is a great track.
Michael
manda

Re: The Vicar of Dibley

Post by manda »

I will have to look those up....I love the Vicar of Dibley although I don't know if it would be the same if they did it now....the absence of the Alice Tinker character, just for one, would be immense
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 4 dogs, 6 cats, a cow, a few sheep, Angora Goats and ???? chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Re: The Vicar of Dibley

Post by lancashire lass »

fabindia wrote: 06 Dec 2020, 02:26 I noticed there are going to be some new 'lockdown' episodes of the Vicar of Dibley. They are only going to be short, 10 minutes, featuring Geraldine (Dawn French) delivering Zoom sermons during in lockdown.
I don't know if there is more than one episode but I was able to download the Vicar of Dibley Lockdown (on my Sky box) - it is about 10 minutes long and is a mix of keeping in contact / message of comfort. The episode consists of different dates from April 2020, all delivered in typical Geraldine style.