What Frugal February's all about

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

What Frugal February's all about

Post by Richard »

What is Frugal February ?

Hi,

Frugal February has become a regular annual feature of the Down the Lane Forum and the past couple of years it has raised much interest and brought Member's together for the common cause - saving money !

It's a chance for you to look at your expenditure in many ways;

Fuel, Energy, Mortgage, Loans etc. - will changing your Company help or are there areas in which you can save money?

Food - Can we cut down a little on our weekly Supermarket Run, can we reduce wastage and save money that way?

The Car - Cut mileage, cycle or walk (use a Bus Pass if applicable) rather than using expensive petrol?

Treats or Routine - The Coffee break down town? The impulse buy of a Kit-Kat (yours truly!!).

So please start your own thread and diary out your savings as the Month progress's. Maybe a running total?

Previous years have shown that many of us made a fair amount of cut backs and savings, which if shared can help each other.

Good luck, the only downer is that it's a 29 day February this year, so an extra day to think about.

Richard )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Re: What Frugal February's all about

Post by Lillia »

Richard, thanks so much for the explanation~
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Hi

Just a reminder this is a Public Category so can be seen by all :-D

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Compared to family members, we spend very very little. Our weekly treat is a coffee and a teacake (latter between both of us) in a small cafe while we wait for the banks to open. We are both involved in activities which require money to be paid in, and after we have done our grocery shop in town, we need to kill half an hour before the banks and the other shops open. There is a facility in the cafe as well, which is most useful!

If we do go out - weekly trip to the fellowship OH is running on a temporary basis, we take a flask. Our petrol is paid for btw.

But I realise that we could save one hundred pounds if we knocked the cafe on the head. OH will not be a happy bunny.
Americanlady
Lively Laner

Post by Americanlady »

I've read your story, Richard, and boy am I impressed. You must be astonished yourself how this forum that you created has grown. I'm sorry that your life took such a downturn several years ago, but sure do admire what you did with the pieces when you picked them up. You are someone I would love to have a cup of coffee with and just talk. So interesting.