DIY Deodorant

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
elsietoo
Learner Laner

DIY Deodorant

Post by elsietoo »

Over the years I've used everything from crystals to Lave**n, but have never been truely happy, until my latest find, and I'm so thrilled with the results, I just had to share it with you all (i did a quick search, and can't see mention of it here)...BAKING SODA! I've used it all summer, and haven't even needed to re-apply in the afternoon, it's that good :-D
I've read that some people just dip their fingers in a pot and apply, but this is what I do:
Cut the foot off of an old (clean) pair of tights
Fill with 2 parts Baking Soda to one part Cornflour, add a few drops of essential oil and mix together. Then tie the open end in a knot, and store in a small glass jar. To use, I pat it a couple of times under my arms.
That's it, quick, simple and cheap, I bet most of you already have these ingredients to hand, and I hope it works as well for you as it has for me )t'
saint-spoon

Re: DIY Deodorant

Post by saint-spoon »

Are we talking anti-perspirant or deoderant?
Bah Humbug
Sejjie70
Legendary Laner

Post by Sejjie70 »

I'd imagine it'd be deodorant?

Reminds me I do something similar to stop my eldest daughters trainers & shoes stinking the whole house out - old baby sock half filled with bicarb & a few drops of eucalyptus oil, tied closed (with elastic band or whatever's to hand) & popped in each shoe overnight. Works a treat :-D
Sarah.
Mum to 1 hubby, 4 children, 3 Springer Spaniels (Max, Millie & Buttons), 2 cats (Sox & Frankie), 2 rabbits (Crunchie & Munchie), 12 chickens (Target, Speckle, Barbara, Margot, EggieII, Gomez, Sparkle, Glitter, Wednesday & Isabel), 3 geese (Lister, Smeg & Camille) & 4 ducks (Soup, Anya, Marble & Vindaloo).
elsietoo
Learner Laner

Post by elsietoo »

It's a deodorant :-D
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Very good Elsie and will try it out.

I can't use sprays, make me itch, so a good substitute for my 'Sure for Men'.

Richard )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome