Selling second hand items

Thrifty tips, ideas, news & experiences on anything around the home to shopping to re-cycling etc.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Selling second hand items

Post by Mo »

Do any of you do it?
I have a load of outgrown childrens toys and pre-Christmas seems a good time to sell. Thought I would try of Facebook local. Is it worth the hassle of using ebay and having to post things?
What is a fair price to ask. I know I could take them to a charity shop or offer them on Freegle but they aren't really mine as I bought them as Birthday & Christmas presents which the grandchildren used at my house, so I'd be selling on their behalf.
The Build it Kits sell at £40 (de lux) and £23 (bits n bobs) what fraction of that is reasonable. The bits are fine though the boxes are battered.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
manda

Re: Selling second hand items

Post by manda »

I have sold things - especially as our children grew out of their clothes. I tend to look at what things are going for that are a similar item. You start to get a feel for what others are selling them for and the quality that is being sold so that if you have something that's in really good condition you know you might get a little more or if not a little less.
Boxes (unless someone's buying them for a birthday or Christmas present and they really want the box) aren't that important. For example things like Lego which seems to go for a heap now ... people would rather pay for the quantity rather than if the box is intact.
If you put on the listing that you post on certain days - then people know they will get it sent to them then and you won't be running out all the time to post things off. That is when it becomes a bit tiresome....if you can do it in one run a couple of times a week it's not such a pain.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Thanks Manda.
Did you use ebay or facebook?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

There is Vinted, Mo. My daughter in law got me on it last weekend. Don`t ask me how it works!!
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'll have a look.
Have you used it yet?
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

My daughter in law ordered a gilet for me in my presence, it should arrive in the next couple of days. My landline was down at the weekend, and an email arrived from Vinted with a code, which if not actioned was obsolete. I have mailed them and asked them to send me another one, but not heard back, and unable to use the site.
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Sounds complicated.
manda

Post by manda »

Mo wrote: 12 Nov 2023, 14:39 Thanks Manda.
Did you use ebay or facebook?
I use facebook or we have TradeMe here which is a bit like ebay but local to new zealand.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Last week I used Vinted to purchase a second gilet. No email confirming the item, and I haven't a clue how to find out what is happening. Will have to wait until my dil comes before Christmas. Not impressed. It doesn't look as if the money has gone out of my account, so something was amiss.