Help with a fridge freezer

Share projects, share problems, share tips amongst each other.
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Help with a fridge freezer

Post by Bollybarb »

Hi, i need some help with my whirlpool fridge freezer.
It's a frost free one which is frosting up. I have read around and i think the drainage is blocked, so the FF is turned off to thaw out. Some water is coming out of the drain at the back (and onto the compressor) however if i put water into the drainage channel in the back of the fridge, it just stays there. I've tried to poke something down the 'hole' but it's completly blocked (it's been cleaned and it's just molded plastic).
I've called up whirlpool and the want me to spend £££ to buy a policy to cover the FF for the next year, all i want to know is should i be able to poke the hole??!! They do not have tecnical help over the phone }hairout{
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
I'm training to be a midwife!!!!!
LittleBrownFrog

Re: Help with a fridge freezer

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Hmm... On mine, I can poke the hole. Try something like a cotton bud that might hoik out any yuck? If if was my fridge, I'd put some bicarb over the hole & then pour some white vinegar on the top & see if that cleared it?
wendy

Post by wendy »

I have used a cable tie to poke the hole and it worked. How annoying !
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

Found this - does this sound like something that would make sense ?
You have a clogged defrost drain tube. On the back of the refrigerator in the center, about two feet above the floor, is a 7 inch by 7 inch square steel cover held on by four screws, one at each corner. The defrost drain tube emerges from the bottom of this cover and terminates loose in the drain pan below the refrigerator. Remove the cover. Underneath is the plastic defrost drain tube fixture, which is held by two screws. Remove the screws and take off the drain tube fixture. This fixtue is clogged. Run hot water and dish detergent through it and blow through it at the big end to remove the clog. Reassemble. That's it. You don't have to take the refrigerator apart. One caution. When the refrigerator has a clogged drain tube, the defrost water will back up and freeze around it. So you may need to empty your freezer and unplug the refrigerator for eight hours or so first before you perform this procedure to allow all the ice around the clogged drain fixture to melt.
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

Thanks, thats what i was expecting.
Manda, thats what i've done, but in the fridge there is a channel and a 'hole', but it just is a slight dip, not a hole, which is strange!!
The instruction book shows a tool (looks like a screwdriver) to clear the hole, but i can't see it :oops: :oops: hole that is i'll try and post a picture :oops:
I have chickens Blaze, Star and Comet, who have met Sunny Clucker in Cheshire :-)
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Sounds bang on, with my logic. )t'
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

just joined a white good forum, not sure i'll be hanging around there as much as here!! {rofwl}
manda

Post by manda »

{rofwl} {rofwl}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
LittleBrownFrog

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Do the bicarb thing.

(oh ... and I was going to take a picture of the bit in my fridge, to see if we were talking about the same thing, but it really is grimmer than grim, and it's a choice between going to BG's party & cleaning my fridge...)
Bollybarb
Legendary Laner

Post by Bollybarb »

PARTY every time xx
Orfy
Legendary Laner

Post by Orfy »

Check the seals are sealing. If not that can cause it to frost up.
Allotment http://taylorsplot.blogspot.com/
Orfy Blog (Food'n'Stuff) http://orfy.blogspot.com/
1xMaran 1xRIR 6xWarrens 2xMuts