Tumbelina trailing Petunia seeds

Flowers, Trees, Lawns, Infrastructures, Maintenance & anything else!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Tumbelina trailing Petunia seeds

Post by Gwenoakes »

I am trying to source some seeds for the above and finding it quite difficult. I want these particular seeds as they seem to trail the longest, approx 20". Not sure if it is me though, as am a bit dense with puters.
I remember some time ago there was a place where you could get cheaper seeds it was on this forum, but not in the standard packets, can anyone remember and point me in the right direction please? Thanks.
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Re: Tumbelina trailing Petunia seeds

Post by wildlifemad »

Hi Spreckly. Not sure if I'll explain this correctly but some plants have "licences" which means they can only be grown by a nursery who is contracted to grow them. From past experience of working in a nursery that grew bedding plants from seed for the major catalogue suppliers I have a feeling the Tumberlina is one such plant & if it is still the case then you will only be able to buy the plug plants & not the seed.
I did have a quick look around google but couldn't find anything.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

{rofwl} Spreckly, WLM, suppose there are some similarities as we both wear glasses and both asking about garden things.
Thanks for that info anyway. LOL
wildlifemad
Lively Laner

Post by wildlifemad »

Oops!!!! My excuse is I'm a woman of a certain age & was having a bad day!!!!!!
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I never managed to source tumbelina trailing petunia seeds, but did source some tidal wave ones...……..I did what it said on the packet and they like the herbs they went to Australia, which was a pity because they said they would grow up to a height of 8'.
Freeranger
Legendary Laner

Post by Freeranger »

I searched online for seeds but could only find plug plants - the theory about seeds/plants/licensing seems to be the case. Anyway, you seem to be sorted with alternatives.
Gwenoakes
Legendary Laner

Post by Gwenoakes »

I will be sorted with the alternative if I can get them to grow FR. I seem to remember the seeds were quite expensive so I will have to try harder next time for the Tidal Wave Petunias to grow.