Winter lighting suppliment........

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Shrek
Lively Laner

Re: Winter lighting suppliment........

Post by Shrek »

LittleBrownFrog wrote: no offence intended )t'

How can I possibly be offended when this place is all about questions and advice ?

)t' )t'
One elderly cat called Chloe and Zak the baby tom.... Betty the Speckledy, Maggie the Black Rock and Kylie the Bluebelle !!!

Organised Chaos
Lively Laner

Post by Organised Chaos »

Richard wrote:No one having a go Shrek - a natural reaction and not having a pop, it comes up now and again.

Onwards and upwards,

Richard )t' )t'

Must be the time of night, or something, but this made me {rofwl}

Shrek, after that barrage I bet you're needing a )hic( or 2...

I use a light in my coop to remind all the girls where to go at bedtime, and so they can see each other to sort out who goes where in the new shed, but it's turned off when I lock up.

Now that the days are drawing in, I can open the door at 9am and stand around for 10 -15 minutes before they all wake up and come out... even then I get a few dirty looks until the food goes out... I don't think they appreciate the fact that they get their brekkie before me! )cof(

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by idiots."
perchy

Post by perchy »

Shrek wrote:
LittleBrownFrog wrote: no offence intended )t'

How can I possibly be offended when this place is all about questions and advice ?

)t' )t'

I asked this too, sometimes breeders and the less loving chicken keepers will say it, and it is purely for egg production, chickens like to ~eep~ more in the winter, and rest, if you don't ask you don't know )t'
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

I thought that was {rofwl}

It seemed a synchronised Mod attack......... {rofwl}

Pity I missed it. )grin2(
AL37
Admin Moderator

Post by AL37 »

Steve the Gas wrote:It seemed a synchronised Mod attack

Pity I missed it. )grin2(

Replies by four moderators does not make it synchronised nor an attack!
[center]Relax, I could have been a twin.[/center]
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

It was a joke - minute by minute :-D )t' )t'
I would have added the same too.
Bridgets Mum
Longlasting Laner

Post by Bridgets Mum »

This is why I love DTL. People feel able to ask any questions and know they will get an informed and honest answer - all based on respect and care for our chooks. I have had a little look round other forums and there's lots of good advice but nothing like the passion of DTL, nor the humour or concern. On this forum its always 'chickens first'. Thanks for your post Shrek and thanks to everyone who responded. My knowlege is expanding daily and I love it, love it, love it.
lizziedoggarden
Legendary Laner

Post by lizziedoggarden »

Bridgets Mum wrote:This is why I love DTL. People feel able to ask any questions and know they will get an informed and honest answer - all based on respect and care for our chooks. I have had a little look round other forums and there's lots of good advice but nothing like the passion of DTL, nor the humour or concern. On this forum its always 'chickens first'. Thanks for your post Shrek and thanks to everyone who responded. My knowlege is expanding daily and I love it, love it, love it.

)t'

I've been here around 18 months and I still learn something every day )t'
Don't dream it, BE it....

Am looking forward to welcoming Sunny Clucker to Woodbridge Suffolk!!!!!
Robert
Lively Laner

Post by Robert »

Could you not just have a very dim light for those that want to read before they go to sleep :-D

I'll get me coat, oh look there's my bus )run(

Just to say, no lights in our coop, our chooks can't read and any way we haven't installed the library yet
2 ex batts, Pinky and Bluey. 1 white leghorn, Blanche. 1 Black Rock, Roxie. 1 Speckledy, Purdey. 1 Copper Black Maran, Betty, and 1 Cream legbar, Lettie.