badly behaved chicken survey.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Re: badly behaved chicken survey.

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Definitely my little marsh daisy - she definitely has 'small chicken syndrome' so she has a very loud voice, tries to boss the others around. She also escapes at any opportunity, and can fly better than any chicken I've known (have seen her clear the 6 ft fence from a standing start, and then maintain that height right across the garden - 10m ish.
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Mine is Pea my bluebell, she squawks like a fishwife, pecks the others just for the fun of it and manages to get under my feet whilst always running away when I'm trying to catch her.
But I love her to bits {hug}
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Meredith
Longlasting Laner

Post by Meredith »

My naughtiest hen ever was Gwendolyn the leghorn, she is no longer with us but never forgotten. she could scale any fence and was the most fearless little chook. She used to chase Alice the staffie around the garden just because she could. She regularly nicked the cats food and if she wasn't successful at that she would come into the kitchen and peck at our feet until she got results.

I don't really have a naughty chook now, not in comparison with Gwen. Our cockerel, Napoleon is a challenge but that's not his fault, it's his hormones.
Sunny Clucker welcome in Barnsley.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My worst behaved girl was my late Abbie Rose. She was quiet and gentle for months with her little Alice but then she began pulling Alice's feathers out and Alice would just stand there and let her do it. After awhile Abbie began tugging them out then whatever Alice did she would take over, be it scratching about in one spot of sitting on my lap. When Alice passed on and she was faced with 3 new girls she was evil, I put them all together as 3 against 1 but if anyone was eating she would go over and peck them away. Abbie was still around when Deirdre came and would chase her and give her a hiding, unfortunately she was sickly by the time Amanda-Jayne came but even after standing around poorly with her egg problems if AJ walked anywhere near her she would lash out with a vicious peck. But my goodness I loved he to bits. Abbie was a ranger. In the Ped house Rhoda and Brenda, rhode stars nearly killed Silkiebabe when she was under the weather!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Some hens just seem to have that bit 'extra'. seems like Abbie was one. That's probably why you loved her so much. I know I'm boring , but Boots was the same {hug} just that something special. I'm glad my mates dont go on this site, loony bin or what >dum<
LYN
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

[quote=".

I don't really have a naughty chook now, not in comparison with Gwen. Our cockerel, Napoleon is a challenge but that's not his fault, it's his hormones.[/quote]
{rofwl} {rofwl} thats one word for it its lovely to hear about our lovely boys they often get overlooked for the ladies dont they
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

my naughty one is a 7.5year old pure breed RIR.
Shes always been bottom or the pecking order.
Shes HUGE and a beauty, but since we got a new lot of little hybrids, shes started to bully them and I think, is trying to take them on as leader of their flock. God luv her - she doesnt have the management skills!!!
Shes started laying again lately, and has somehow,several times, flown out of her enclosed garden, into the front garden, to lay her eggs in a ditch.
Ive raised the gate I think she was flying over, and Ive seen her stomping up and down at it, shouting to get out.
Shes pretty fat, and there is food always available, but as soon as she sees one of the little hybrids going to a food station, shes there to chase them off, and eat it herself!
Do love her though >eas1<
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

I have an escape artist ex batt, Florrie, who can manage , if left unwatched for a second, to escape from the garden area they are allowed in and do a full circuit of the garden around the house. A doddle to catch in the allowed area, but much to passers by's amusement, a real Houdini in the front garden, must look like i'm playing rugby the way i have to weave and dive to catch her {rofwl}
But as for naughty it has to be Bless who is the littlest scrawniest toughest ex batt )de: ...always into stuff, and magnetizes herself to my feet constantly tripping me up }hairout{ ....but she knows she can get away with it +f+
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Our naughty lady is most definitely our Hilda, who has now earned the title of Hilda-Scrum-Half-Rugby-Tackling-Hen!!!

I'd never seen anything like it, when the newbies arrived - the way she puffed herself up and swiped her wing was something else!

She's still a bit naughty, having a go at the others and asserting herself as top hen >ch<
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
grandmaeileen
Longlasting Laner

Post by grandmaeileen »

Ours is our Missy, Black Rock. Just coming up to her 1st birthday, she's a right little madam!
From day one she's been the most vocal, the cheekiest, the leader of the gang!
When she sees me coming, not only does she run up to the run fence she gets hold of the door and gives it a good shake to try to open it!
She's always in first to get the treats, but she's not a bully to the other 3 girls, just in your face all the time.
Mother of two, stepmum to two, all grown up and flown the nest. Grandma to Lucy, who's 12 and is my best friend. Two dogs, 6 Gingernut Rangers, and one lovely hubby!

R.I.P. Queenie, Missy,little hen and Edna