Need Advice, Please

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
gemima
Learner Laner

Need Advice, Please

Post by gemima »

Hello,

I have 3 Hens who are fit and well and all laying lovely eggs, they are treated with xeno 450 monthly and have Diatomaceous Powder baths also. I have noticed one of the hens has small white patches on her cheeks, i am worrying as to what this could be? Could it be due to the cold weather? They have a new coop which is wind proofed with plenty of straw bedding to keep them cosy, any ideas/suggestions would be greatly received as am very attached to my lovely ladies!! Thank you.

Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Need Advice, Please

Post by Benny&Co »

Morning Gemima

I hadn't heard of xeno 450 before, so had to look it up.

Any other symptoms other than the white patches? Is she eating, drinking and doing all the usual chickeny things like scratching, dustbathing, chirping etc? How are her feathers looking?

Could you post a picture so we could have a look?
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
gemima
Learner Laner

Post by gemima »

Hello,

She is fine, bright alert eating well, laying lovely eggs, will try and get a picture it looks like white pigmentation it is smooth in appearance her coomb is red and so is her wattle just her cheeks, the other two hens have no white marks, have searched the web and only other thing that it is similar too that i've seen is frost bite but as mentioned before they have a lovely cosy coop and have been scratching around in an old brick out house away from the snow since the snow has been on the ground as they are not keen to play in the snow! Thanks for the reply.
gemima
Learner Laner

Post by gemima »

How do i post a picture??
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Hi put your pictures on Photobucket or where ever you store your pictures on line and right click on photo and hit 'copy image location' then on this page go to Img click on that and paste your picture between the two 'img's'. When you click on preview your picture should appear. Good luck. :-D
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Hi Little Brown Hen, I've been trying to follow your instructions to post a picture but I'm not having any luck {cry} My pics are in Photobucket but when I right click I get the option to 'copy LINK location' not 'copy image location' as in your instructions. This just then copies the link but no picture appears when I click 'preview'. Any ideas??
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

I'm very hit and miss when it comes to computers, but I managed to put pictures up when using Chrome. When I used Internet Explorer it didn't work at all.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Hi there! I've made this little picture to show you which link to copy (much easier than me trying to explain it {rofwl} )

Just copy that link in that box, it should come up as a picture on here :-D
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Ooops, the picture's a bit on the small side. Just to clarify it's the "IMG code" that you want to copy :)
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

)piicy( Image
Success :-D :-D There'll be no stopping me now :-D :-D
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Thanks Lisa {hug}
Kath xx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

No problem Kath {hug}

What beautiful girls you have!