Verm-X Layer's Pellets

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Verm-X Layer's Pellets

Post by Richard »

(took photo for web page)

[center]Image[/center]

I went to Chilham Feeds for the first time today, a Farm / Smallholding type place about 5 miles from my place.

I hadn't come accross Verm-X Layer's Pellets so thought I'd give it a go.

They're a bit more than the norm, I paid £17.95 for the Mixed Corn and Pellets together.
I failed to get a receipt but I think the Pellets were between £10 and £11.

Has anyone else tried them?

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome

sandy
Legendary Laner

Re: Verm-X Layer's Pellets

Post by sandy »

no
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
silverback
Legendary Laner

Post by silverback »

No, I've never tried them either Richard, but I thought Verm-X wasn't as effective as flub, and Marriages with Flub works out cheaper!.

http://www.farmandpetplace.co.uk/produc ... ormer.html
I am old and wise, because I was young and stupid!.
Richard

Post by Richard »

Interesting SB, I may try some in the future.

Variety is the spice of life )t'

Richard
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

I have used the marriage pellets, and need some more. Problem is i only have 5 now, so the last bag went out of date. The size of the verm ex is a little to big for me. Do you intend to sell the others Richard?
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

I have the same problem .I have 5 girls now but the marriage pellets go out of date before all are used.
which I presume applies to the vermex - x as well. I use the powder at the moment but pellets would be so much easier .
Does anyone know of a company that sells them in smaller quantities ?
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
Bob B
Learner Laner

Post by Bob B »

Hello Richard I have been using Verm X pellets for a couple of years know and they seem very good.
Get mine from an animal feed place just of Love Lane in Faversham that is part of the Copdock Mill Group, I think I paid about £9.00 for my last bag.
Richard

Post by Richard »

That's good Bob.

Stace - I think I must be overfeeding mine, I always use the whole pack so never have any spare so to speak.

I do occasionally throw some mixed corn in the front garden for whoever or whatever can have a bit!

Richard )t' )t'
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Stace can you not share the bag with another hen keeper?I did this with sarabee but then she moved away!
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Hugo025918
Learner Laner

Post by Hugo025918 »

I have used these for years as my local independent pet shop sells them and had no problems with them or any cases of worms with my hens. Also safe to use with my ducks )t'
lancashire lass
Legendary Laner

Post by lancashire lass »

Last week I went to get a sack of layers pellets and was offered the same brand I use (normally £9 for 20kg) but this one contained Verm-X for £10. It wasn't in any fancy packaging like the photo, but the same as before and just says "contains Verm-X". As it was not much more expensive, I've decided to give them a go. The girls seem to be eating them so that's one good thing (they didn't like the emergency pack of Dodson & Horrell layers that I had to get the other week)
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

i presume the vermex ones are for regular feeding, with the added vermx to keep
the gut healthy & protect from worms, not as a treatment feed? Perhaps feeding
this and maybe sending off a sample to test for worms once a year could be easier
than the faff of worming with flub every few months (if it works!)
I may give it a go if can find some and if my girls will eat it - they're very fussy lot,
they wont eat d&h either, twice I've tried it and ended up giving it to a rescue.
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
Chicken drumstick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Chicken drumstick »

Hi Richard

Not tried that brand i still use the farmgate layers as there cheap from a local chicken dealer at only £7.90 a bag for 20 kg .

Compared to the Dobson and horell at £12.49 a bag its a good saving and the chooks seem to prefer them >ch< >ch< >ch<