little Jerry didn't make it

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
pinky
Learner Laner

little Jerry didn't make it

Post by pinky »

Its a sad day in the Pinky household as we lost Jerry who was under the weather a couple of days ago,it looks like Margot is going the same way today. she has gone quiet and sits on a branch with her eyes closed.

I have noticed a few of the members on the forum are having the same issues as us also, so its an odd one to figure out.

some friends who also have ex batts have lost 2 of their girls in the same way, one was on the same day as Jerry.
it is a shame when they dont make it and you then realise how fragile these little girls are. it makes it even harder as we lost our Boxer dog Bella a week ago (brain tumor).

I hope everyone elses girls will be ok

pinky {cry}

madmum
Legendary Laner

Re: little Jerry didn't make it

Post by madmum »

so sorry to hear your news {cry} It is a mystery why they are all going so quickly :? at least they do not seem to suffer,maybe speak to your supplier, and or, a vet to see if they can shed any light on these deaths )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
morph
Longlasting Laner

Post by morph »

It's so sad to hear your news, but at least they have had happy times with you. It can happen with ex-batts. {cry}

I had 4 ex-batts 4 years ago, and 2 are still going strong, and even laying - it's hard, but you know you rescued them! )t'
Small steps lead to big changes
Dinchy
Legendary Laner

Post by Dinchy »

Oh Pinky, you are having a bad time. So sorry. Heres a hug from me {hug}
stace
Legendary Laner

Post by stace »

So sorry, some just dont make it do they!

She had a happy ending and some freedom just be glad of that

Stace
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
4c lady
Legendary Laner

Post by 4c lady »

Oh I am so sorry - big hugs. Ive got an ex girl who was off colour last week (Goldie the boss) she was even off worm hunting which is unknown for Goldie as she is top worm hunter. This week she seems a little better but she is moulting so im hoping that is what is wrong as she is still eating and drinking. They are such a worry but you need to think you have given them a wonderful life even if it is short. Lets hope your Margot is a fighter and comes through it. Thinking of you
manda

Post by manda »

Same from me too so sorry to hear about your girl.
{hug}
Manda
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Pinky - so sorry to hear all of your sad news.

It's tough enough to have one bereavement, but to lose Jerry and your Bella - very sad.
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/