Introducing my Chooks.....

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Gixer
Lively Laner

Introducing my Chooks.....

Post by Gixer »

This is the Chooks shelter, I have some crates that I will fill with wood shavings/straw and also a perching pole that I want to add. As you can see they have tons of room to roam around in, as soon as they know where 'home' is they will be allowed out in to the Paddocks to keep the horses company. (only hope they dont start laying in the tall grass otherwise it could take a LONG time to search a few thousand acres for a couple of eggs!)

This is Polly - she is my youngest daughters chicken and she is the friendliest of them all

Photobucket

This is my gorgeous boy Vinny - I have a special soft spot for him and he is doing a great job of looking after his girls!

This is my Chook Tinkerbell, she is soooooo pretty but still a little shy

This is Nuggets, she is my olderst daughters chicken, she is full of character and a good lookin' gal!

The girls are all 3 months old, so a while yet before we get some eggs, Vinny is about a year I think, either way he was destined for the pot before I had him so I think thats why he might be my favourite!

Hope you all like my Chooky family!

Gixer
Lively Laner

Post by Gixer »

Ohhh my gosh! sorry for the giant photos! not sure how to resize them - photobucket is a nightmare!
Gixer
Lively Laner

Post by Gixer »

Just found the re-size bit in photobucket, should have them a normal size in a moment or two! :oops:
Gixer
Lively Laner

Post by Gixer »

Ohhh Lordy! I just cant figure it out, photobucket seems in agreement with me that I have resized the pics to 'website' which is 320 but they all still look huge apart from the first one - not sure how I managed that!

Richard - please feel free to delete entire thread as I admit defeat - I will have to wait until my 9 year old daughter gets home from school so she can sort it out for me :oops:
seahorse
Legendary Laner

Post by seahorse »

They are lovely chooks and vinny is handsome too. Not as (f+ gorgeous as the colonel but i am biased. We dont have predators here either, so he is free range. Many of the chooks on the island run free. Its nice to see them out and about.
Looove chucks!
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

What gorgeous girlies you have!!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aren't they pretty.
He would have to go some to be better looking than the colonel.LOL
Nugget looks like a light sussex.
Wendy
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
melons
Legendary Laner

Post by melons »

Don't worry we all do the photobucket HUGE pic's first time off, i still do it now :oops:
They are very pretty hens, their shelter looks very cosy )t'
Where's all your trees? does the falklands not have any :? :?
Cheers
mel x
Citrine
Legendary Laner

Post by Citrine »

...I especially like the heart latch, nice touch!!!
My Websites; http://www.tranquillitytherapies.co.uk
Gixer
Lively Laner

Post by Gixer »

Your right Mel, we dont have any trees, not native ones anyway! There isnt any good soil, its all peat bog, and its just too windy. A few fir type trees have been planted in peoples gardens but they all grow at the most amazing windswept 45 degree angle!

We have nothing but miles and miles of....well......nothingness!

Amazing wildlife though, penguins, seals, killer whales etc If I can get the hang of photobucket 'monster picture' I will post a few so you can see a little bit of what its like down here.
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Mystery about the pictures. I've copied into my account, re-sized and they're still coming out that size.

Will look into it
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
sunny
Lively Laner

Post by sunny »

What lovely looking girls and Vinny is a very handome boy. It's also really interesting to hear about chicken lifestyles in the different parts of the world. You're so lucky not to have rats and foxes! Looking forward to seeing more of your pics.
chucky egg
Longlasting Laner

Post by chucky egg »

Lovely pictures; thanks for sharing!
Ignore Seahorse and her biaised opinion )j; My little Tino welcomes another lad on the forum. Too many women chucks on here he told me. Mind you he is only a baby still :-D
Look forward to hearing more about your life on the islands!
Chucky Egg
lou
Legendary Laner

Post by lou »

Lovely pics!

Look forward to seeing pictures of the island and whales etc....and peguins im sooo jealous!
"Happiness is making the most of what you have."
Tania
Lively Laner

Post by Tania »

What season is it with you Gixer - and what is the time difference between you and GMT?

More questions! Lol :)
See my chickens HERE!!
New pictures, ex-batts added 4/11/07