I have a severe case of chickenitis!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
LisaB

I have a severe case of chickenitis!

Post by LisaB »

I'm getting three more ex-batts for Christmas :oops: :oops:
I've been in touch with one of the co-ordinators from BHWT in Newcastle, the rehoming date was yesterday but some people let her down and didn't turn up so I'll hopefully be bringing 3 more girls home to spend Christmas with us )c( )c(

Best Christmas ever!

Tink
Longlasting Laner

Re: I have a severe case of chickenitis!

Post by Tink »

bless you Lisa,
how exciting to wonder what your new girls will be like and what you will name them.
Keep us informed. {hug} >eas1< {hug&kiss} >ch<
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Hehehe I will!
I think I will call one of them Holly (I already have an Ivy) and another Tilly, but I'm not sure on the third! Maybe a Nora or Silver :-D
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

feel lots of suggestions on the way.......
Mary, Angel, Mistletoe, Snowflake, I could go on and on and on as I run the
"Name the ....." at our Xmas fayre each year and came up with 85 winter names this year.
I still have my dear Chestnut after 2 1/2 years. >tree< x2 .sn<
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Awww all Christmas names sounds really good actually!

Holly's a defos, maybe Mary and Noel :-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

{hug} {hug}
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

)c( that's great so glad your mum relented.
envy}} hoping to get 2 more soon >fi<
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Let the fights begin >el<
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Hahahah! I know! She seems really for the idea now, and I think my nana's going to pay for them as part of my christmas present too :-D
How wonderful Ellie, do you know when you're getting them?
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Steve the Gas wrote:Let the fights begin >el<

{rofwl} I know!
I think I'll just keep them separated for the first day and then just let them all together when they wake up on the next day, my other introductions haven't gone too bad, so hopefully be lucky this time too >fi<
But then again this time it's 9 v 3 :?
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

LisaB wrote:Hahahah! I know! She seems really for the idea now, and I think my nana's going to pay for them as part of my christmas present too :-D
How wonderful Ellie, do you know when you're getting them?

No yet, have emailed the Scottish coordinator for the BHWT to see when they're next rehoming but still waiting on a date. Can't wait.
That's really sweet of your nana to buy you them for Christmas!
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

MissEllie wrote:No yet, have emailed the Scottish coordinator for the BHWT to see when they're next rehoming but still waiting on a date. Can't wait.
That's really sweet of your nana to buy you them for Christmas!

Oooo how excitingg! :-D Do you think you'll get them before the enriched cages come in?
Hehehe, well she knows I love them! She'd much rather get me something that she knows I really really want than something I'm never going to use.
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Would be great to get them before new year if poss so am trying to wait patiently till I hear. Am a bit worried about the introductions but as it'll be 2 against 2 hopefully it'll be ok. How long did yours take to play nice?
You're right about chickenitis, we can't wait to get more and are already talking about extending again in the spring!!
Ellie
Woody Allen
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Well, we started off with 3 in May, but two died within 4 months, so I had to get 2 more, Roxy was really nasty and had to be put on her own for 2 days but calmed down after that.
Then we got 6 in October so it was 6 v 3, again Roxy was really nasty so had to put her own for 2 days and things were fine again!
It's always been Roxy that's been the problem, but I have a feeling Freya and Ivy will be a bit nasty this time too. But we'll see!
I think we're extending a bit in spring too :-D
MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Thanks Lisa, a few days doesn't seem too bad, hopefully yours will all get on well from the start. >fi<
Woody Allen