Three eggs off two girls in 12 hours!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Three eggs off two girls in 12 hours!

Post by Tink »

My two new ex batties, Allice & Daisy ,are so grateful that they have laid 3 eggs in
8 hours. yike*
The second one was wrinkled. Have I struck the chicken jackpot +confused+

Kaeta44
Longlasting Laner

Re: Three eggs off two girls in 12 hours!

Post by Kaeta44 »

Sounds to me that they're saying thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
Mucky Cluckers – Tales from the chicken run. "An hilarious read" "Cried with laughter" "A really good read, I couldn't put it down". Buy this paperback from www.muckycluckers.co.uk

I'm Trish Colton on FB DTL
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

It can happen. 1 egg gets delayed in the shell gland while the next has started it's journey, so doesn't get as much shell as it should. Would be useless commercially, but we can treat it gently and still eat it.
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Right, I was thinking of them being lined up inside one of my poor wee girls. )j;
It's amazing how their poor little bodies just go on producing after all they have been through. We are thrilled to be getting eggs as none for weeks as others in moult.
They are improving daily and getting nearer to the big meet up at the weekend with the
other two. >ch< >ch< >ch< >ch<
poncharetta
Lively Laner

Post by poncharetta »

Bless their little feathers! My four stopped laying after day two and are now (day 14) moulting but seemingly happy and practising take off yike*
What good is freedom if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes - by someone famous
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Awww.... if mine were to moult they would be completely bald bless em.
Good luck with your new pilots and a happy landing with their new life with you )wav(
gardenergirl
Lively Laner

Post by gardenergirl »

This happened to me one day during the summer! I had 5 eggs from my 4 chooks, though one was wrinkly (though the shell had hardened). It was funny because a woman at work, who has kept chickens for years, insisted it was impossible! Well I didn't put it there!
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

My OH was out at the time and the first thing I asked him had he played a joke on me and we both had to check in our minds were we correct (which took some doing at our age) )t' )w(
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Awww well done to your little girls {hug} amazing aren't they Tink :-D

I think our three certainly break all the rules.... {rofwl}

They lay all through winter and Hilda and Elsie both started laying during the snow!
Dottie lays as and when she feels like it - thought it takes 24 hours to make an egg?

None of them have had a proper moult as yet and they're coming upto two years of age - Dottie had a mini moult last summer, but that's all so far!
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
tiddles1
Lively Laner

Post by tiddles1 »

yes i have 3 girls and got 4 eggs in one day, i posted on dtl and got comments that i might have missed one but no not likely, then next day 2 then next 3 so they are up and down at the minute lol the eggs are a bonus they :-D )t' are just gorgeous and i am grateful for every day that i have my girls wouldnt do without them ahh
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Sorta )ot: but, When I was about 5 years old I had a male and female tortoises, which were starting to court/mate. One summer morning I discovered approx 12 eggs in the run.....

My elderly next door neighbour planted Partridge eggs in there.............. you can guess what I was thinking.

All the eggs were rotten too. )loo(
Tink
Longlasting Laner

Post by Tink »

Aw.. you were young and gulliable once then Steve {hug} )run(
I am going )ot: now and its my own topic !
Have just put the new ex batts with the old after 6 days.
Ok so far think the worst is over but interestingly it was the two lowest in the pecking order from each pair that went into round one. My neighbour says that perhaps the two top girls form each pair instruct the lower orders to fight on their behalf )j;
The bottom girl from group one has just had round two with the top girl from group two so hope thats it now as not easy to watch. Just bit of dried blood on Ruby's comb.
Think I need a $cf$ now...PHEW
Benny&Co
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Benny&Co »

Hey Steve, Tink and everyone - this is no joke :-D We also had tortoises when we were kids (Sally and Ben as it happens) and they also decided to make music one day. Sally laid eggs but sadly nothing came of them.

Hope the intro's go nicely for you and your girls Tink {hug}
Bev x
Our family: my-Lovely-Hubbly and I, Benny and our two little Ladies - Betty and Gloria.

RIP dear little Ladies - Lottie, Cottie, Elsie, Dottie, Hilda and Margie. You may have gone, but are never ever forgotten.
Steve the Gas

Post by Steve the Gas »

Mine was called Sally too! :?

The lowest seem to want to climb higher in the pecking order,so they start the grief, it's what I've found every time so far...
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I have tortoise envy. I really want to get a tortoise. envy}}
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.