Fumigating the hen house

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Julia
Longlasting Laner

Fumigating the hen house

Post by Julia »

I wonder if anyone else has had experience of the "chicken home blitz" fumigation product. I bought some and set it alight this morning but it doesn't seem to be smoking and looks like it's gone out.

I've tried relighting it but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. :?

Is it fumigating or have I wasted my money?
Free hens are happy hens. Chicken centreparcs now complete! The girls love it.

perchy

Re: Fumigating the hen house

Post by perchy »

Ooh I don't know, havn't actually heard of them, will have a little goggle for you )t'
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

I haven't used the specific chicken one, but we did use the same brand for flea treatment in the house, and it was very clear that it was lit - smoking, smelly, quite obvious that it was working. If yours doesn't look like it's working, then maybe it's faulty?
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

I haven't used the chicken one either but did use one in the house for cat fleas (another cat brought them into our house....long story). Anyway that one really smoked and smelled so you felt it was working. Think you might have a dud, I would try and get an exchange.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

You certainly have a dud. The amount of smoke when tremendous when we did it, crystalized all the spiders(not good they are our friends) but the mites were back within a week }hairout{
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Julia
Longlasting Laner

Post by Julia »

Thanks for that. When I discovered them I thought it was the answer to my prayers. But the red mite wars are raging with everyone I think.
Free hens are happy hens. Chicken centreparcs now complete! The girls love it.