Interesting - Egg colours.

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
tortzblue
Lively Laner

Interesting - Egg colours.

Post by tortzblue »

Found this whilst browsing. Prob most of you know already but I found it very interesting. It also explains why eggs can be sort of part dark part light too. Cool!
http://hencam.com/henblog/2012/02/brown ... eal-story/

stace
Legendary Laner

Re: Interesting - Egg colours.

Post by stace »

It always will amaze me about the different colour of eggs, it is very interesting. We do all seem to take this for granted, but when my little girl Jess lays her lovely blue eggs (she is on strike at the moment) i think its a amazing )t'
Bev xx

http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;"
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

2 of the chicks I hatched in the summer are cream legbars and they should give me green eggs. I was quite surprised when I bought the fertile eggs (I got 5 in all , one failed 2 were boys ) the difference in hue of the eggs from quite an olive colour to a pale green/blue so when the time comes (probably spring I think) it will be interesting to see what colours I get. Even the 3 silkies lay very different coloured eggs , 2 are white and the other is almost mother of pearl, really pretty.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Thanks for the link, really interesting to think of all that happening within the chook to determine the eggshell colour )t'
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you for the reading i found it fascinating our little girls are very clever arent they {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx