2 very sick girls very depressed :(

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Skeksis
Longlasting Laner

2 very sick girls very depressed :(

Post by Skeksis »

I have 2 v sick girls, I think Cynthia despite all my ministrations is dying and Liz is dying of EYP I suspect despite medications.

I have a sick wood pig that I am looking after and had a nuclear row with hubby today not helped by all this. Dr Doolittle was definitely not happily married. Not even sure we are going to be OK. My mum is so very ill and I care for her too, although she is my best friend I can't bother or worry her.

I have just been in tears all day, don't know what to do, just feel like throwing in the towel with everything ;(

Sorry but I feel so alone and everyone on here is so friendly. I think it takes something like today to make me see that I spend so much time with my animals and my OH that I really am very alone. I never thought I needed or wanted lots of friends and have always had my own little pastimes. Anyway thanks all xx

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: 2 very sick girls very depressed :(

Post by Annie »

You give in and cry if its what you need, tears can be very healing.
Life sometimes seems to test you too much by heaping problems on your shoulders all at once but I suspect you will cope .
Prioritise the important things and caring for your Mum , I know will come near the top.
Hard though it is, try to accept that hens are frail and sometimes though you try hard as you can , they dont survive for as long as we would want . It may be their time but they have known kindness which you can take credit for.
Marital differences have to be sorted at home , no one can ofer advice there, just talk to each other {hug}
We are a community at DTL , I have friends but they are spread about and I don't see them that much. I had a Mum until last year, that lived with Eck and me, caring for her curtailed ours lives a great deal (but it was an honour) and the friendliness of the forum helped me too .
You sound worn out with worry , I am so sorry you feel low in spirit, take care and be kind to yourself and hopefully things soon won't appear so black.
Annie xx
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

i can only echo Annies thoughts and advice .

we shared a little pm last week re the wood pig and as i keep pigeons it is very hard for them to recover from the illness she has {cry} you have given her so much .

i too have very few friends i can count on one hand actually buti seldom see them just my best pal Louise and she has been a godsend to me ,i too spend huge amounts of time alone and dtl is very much a big part of my life and my circle of friends and as for marriage well it is an enigma to me so i cannot offer any help other than to keep the lines of communication open , and when you are down everyting is magnified tenfold .

and as for you little hens is there anything we can help you with >shrug< .

crying is a great outlet for many and i find it healing to cry it sheds the body of toxins and allows us to think clearer so please dont be afraid to cry especially amongst like minded people ,i hope this {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss} helps a little ,you are never quite so alone xxxx
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
eclaire
Lively Laner

Post by eclaire »

twitter: @eclaire79 and @doastudios1
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

Skesis, you poor thing. Life is tough sometimes. It sounds like you are going through a horrible patch.

Having sick animals is the pits and really upsetting. You are doing your best with the two girls with medication - you can do no more. They are so very fragile, when they are ill, its touch and go.

Are you caring for your mother? That is a huge drain on you, how lucky you are that you and she are very good friends.

Get past this and things will start to pick up. Fights with OH's really dont help at all. Take a deep breath, tell yourself, thinks WILL get better, be good to yourself, take it easy and feel free to rant on DTL if it helps. Sending you lots of {hug} and {hug&kiss} and >fi< that your girls will recover or go easily to sleep.
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Your"e post had me choked up you sound so very sad {hug} {hug} When you feel down everything feels even worse and you dont know when it will end. Ican only agree with the others we are all friends on here and the support given from these lovely laners is never ending, i know iv had plenty. Members chat is a private and secure place where many of us talk amongst us as you know {hug} Love and Healing {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

I am so sorry you are feeling so awlful. I can say no more than what the girls have said already. I am sending you my best wishes, please take good care of yourself {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
saint-spoon

Post by saint-spoon »

{hug} {hug} {hug}
Bah Humbug
manda

Post by manda »

Nothing to add but... {hug} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
Mo
Legendary Laner

Post by Mo »

Our animal friends have such short lives, and we have to accept that. They leave a hole when they go, though.

Caring for a sick parent can be draining too - you feel sympathetic and almost guilty for not being sympathetic and miserable when they are suffering (at least I did with MIL).

But you need to look after yourself, try to find some time for the things you enjoy (and that you enjoy with OH). You will be a better carer.

{hug} {hug}
Dance caller. http://mo-dance-caller.blogspot.co.uk/p/what-i-do.html
Sunny Clucker enjoyed Folk music and song in mid-Cheshire
sarabee
Legendary Laner

Post by sarabee »

Not much to add but more {hug} {hug} {hug}

In my worst times I always held on to my Granny's mantra 'this too shall pass'.
Sara

"Harm no living thing"

Brilliant hubbie, 2 great teenagers, Sasha the elderly dog and Fin, the evil but loveable cat! 3 chickens; Dottie, Gaia, and Buttercup
Night night Rhoda xx
Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Post by Richard »

Skeksis

You take care and look after yourself.

Richard {hug} {hug}
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
jackian
Legendary Laner

Post by jackian »

I am so sorry that everything is going down hill for you at the moment .
Is your mum getting all the help she can get from out side .I think there is more help out there than you think depending where you live of course..We all take on more than neccessary because we don't know who is out there to help..
Is there some one from DTL that lives close to you that could pop in and have a cup of tea? I live in the south or I would like a shot .
I write on here and found a friend who is a DTL fan who lives only 10 minutes from me . and we have helped each other out .
Sometimes you feel that there is nothing that will go right and beleive me you will look back hopefully and breath a sigh of relief that you survived it all.I don't think there is any one on here that has not been down that road .
As for your pets you can not do it all.The winter does not help and I am sure once the spring arrives as it will and that sun gets on their backs we will all feel so much better. {hug}
4 lovely girls~~ Clover, the oldie and top chick Bonnie second in command .new girls Bluebell and Blossom.
2 lovely new girls 19-01-2015~~ Chelsea and Ruby.
Eva , Florry , Poppy ,Annie and Rosie R.I.P
The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” - unknown
davina112
Legendary Laner

Post by davina112 »

Take care of yourself, life can feel very difficult at times {hug}
[center][/center]Davina
LisaB

Post by LisaB »

Sorry to hear about your girls {cry} I've lost a few recently, it's so hard.
Take care and I hope things get better for you very soon {hug}