wynetta

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
duncan
Lively Laner

wynetta

Post by duncan »

Hi peeps, how you all doing.

I introduced 2 new birds today a purebred light sussex and a maran, named winnie and wynetta, now wynetta earlier coughed up what looked like mucus with blood in it went all quiet and took herself to her house, when I checked her a little later she was what sounded like gurgling so I rang the breeder who came over when he could, I thought that was nice of him, anyway he checked her ears - all ok, her nostrils - all ok, smelt her breath - all ok then she started gurgling, he said mmmmm shes got the start of mycroplasma, luckily,hopefully we have caught this early he says, he has given her an injection of (cant remember what he said it was), I have to ring him Tuesday with an update or if not sooner, he says he would expect her to of perked up by then, please guys keep your fingers crossed shes gonna be ok and shes beautifull, I don't want to loose another beautifull girl :(
Not only do i love chooks.

I love my horses and great danes, working tirelessly with rescues

Bren200
Lively Laner

Re: wynetta

Post by Bren200 »

duncan wrote:Hi peeps, how you all doing.

I introduced 2 new birds today a purebred light sussex and a maran, named winnie and wynetta, now wynetta earlier coughed up what looked like mucus with blood in it went all quiet and took herself to her house, when I checked her a little later she was what sounded like gurgling so I rang the breeder who came over when he could, I thought that was nice of him, anyway he checked her ears - all ok, her nostrils - all ok, smelt her breath - all ok then she started gurgling, he said mmmmm shes got the start of mycroplasma, luckily,hopefully we have caught this early he says, he has given her an injection of (cant remember what he said it was), I have to ring him Tuesday with an update or if not sooner, he says he would expect her to of perked up by then, please guys keep your fingers crossed shes gonna be ok and shes beautifull, I don't want to loose another beautifull girl :(

Fingers crossed, I hope she gets better soon.
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I hope you caught it soon enough, have you been advised to keep her seperate from the others?
Not sure of my facts but think it may be contagious as are most respiratory infections.
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
duncan
Lively Laner

Post by duncan »

Annie wrote:I hope you caught it soon enough, have you been advised to keep her seperate from the others?
Not sure of my facts but think it may be contagious as are most respiratory infections.

awww cheers annie, I thought youd be along soon enough, he seems to think we have as there was no signs of bubbly eyes or snotty nostrils, yes she is kept separate from the others, poor girl, breeder says they all carry it, it just needs something to set it off, he thinks it was the move as this morning he was fine, I found this earlier.
http://poultrykeeper.com/respiratory-pr ... mycoplasma

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

I read that before I answered you Duncan but try not to be alarmist when answering posts, most of us are already anxious when we have a sick hen as it is.
Sounds as if the move just triggered it off right enough, your poultry man sounds lke a good guy.
Marans are lovely aren't they, what colour is yours, I have a couple of cuckoo maran ?
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

>fi< hope she gets well soon
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
pepi
Longlasting Laner

Post by pepi »

Duncan thats a real shame - so dissapointing - hope the jab the breeder gave her does the trick - let us know how it goes >fi<
duncan
Lively Laner

Post by duncan »

annie I didn't mean to arm you, if thats what, you meant, I am alarmed as thags one of my girls, all the other birds I have from him and all 10 are fine, all I can do is hope, she didn't look to good earlier tonight :(

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

>fi< >fi< for your girl Duncan >fi<
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

duncan wrote:annie I didn't mean to arm you, if thats what, you meant, I am alarmed as thags one of my girls, all the other birds I have from him and all 10 are fine, all I can do is hope, she didn't look to good earlier tonight :(

Duncan see what shes like tomorrow when you get up im sure the breeder will come back out to you as it sounds like he has excellent aftercare and he cares about the hens and his customers , )t' which is really good
I would call him back out if you are still worried {hug}

good luck Duncan
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
duncan
Lively Laner

Post by duncan »

Annie wrote:I read that before I answered you Duncan but try not to be alarmist when answering posts, most of us are already anxious when we have a sick hen as it is.
Sounds as if the move just triggered it off right enough, your poultry man sounds lke a good guy.
Marans are lovely aren't they, what colour is yours, I have a couple of cuckoo maran ?

I don't understand how im being alarmist, alarmist means "Someone who is considered to be exaggerating a danger and so causing needless worry or panic" I don't normal say much I keep my opinions to myself, im not to sure on how to take that sentence, do you think im alarming people then or maybe exaggerating and needlessly worrying people because if you do you've got that very wrong. The only person that should be worrying is me
I came on here looking for support as im concerned for my chicken, after rereading your sentence I wish I hadn't bothered.

chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Duncan, just reading your thread and I read the post from Annie that she did not want to alarm you.....

How is Wynetta this morning? I really hope you see an improvement this morning >fi< Let us know.
duncan
Lively Laner

Post by duncan »

Couldn't wait to go out to the girls this morning.

Wynetta is a bit more alert, she had a little chuckle to me and I didn't hear any gurgling :-D , that's got to be a good sign then, so it seems shes improving, lets hope it continues, ive just text my breeder, he is still coming over though to see her )t' , thanks guys for your support.

duncan
Lively Laner

Post by duncan »

chicks&cats wrote:Duncan, just reading your thread and I read the post from Annie that she did not want to alarm you.....

How is Wynetta this morning? I really hope you see an improvement this morning >fi< Let us know.

ok, I read it that I was alarming others, shes cherpier, want for a better word, lets hope she improves more each day

MissEllie
Legendary Laner

Post by MissEllie »

Glad she's looking better.

As chicks&cats said, i read Annie's post as reassuring you (& others reading this thread)
The talent for being happy is appreciating and liking what you have, instead of what you don't have
Woody Allen