eyes

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
duncan
Lively Laner

eyes

Post by duncan »

I let the girls out this morning light sussexs in one house and black rocks in the other, one of the light sussexs has a closed eye and so does one of the black rocks, hubby put the birds to bed last night as I was in work so I don't know if the eyes were like this last night, I know they weren't day time. Its the same side on both girls, could this be an eye issue or could they of had a squabble??? theres no blood or weepiness, what could this be ??????.
Not only do i love chooks.

I love my horses and great danes, working tirelessly with rescues

Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: eyes

Post by Annie »

Not absolutely sure but it is a strange coincedence to happen to both. Think if they were mine I would wipe their eyes gently with cotton wool soaked in a saline solution just to make sure there are no scratches or sign of early infection, then just keep a watch on them in case it progresses into something else
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Have they opened their eyes yet? Any the wiser, how are the two of them together?
Skeksis
Longlasting Laner

Post by Skeksis »

Lots of illnesses cause sinus problems which looks like this does. A vet I'm afraid or you may have infection sweep through your flock.