What a difference in 7 weeks

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
tamk23
Legendary Laner

What a difference in 7 weeks

Post by tamk23 »

7 weeks ago I bought home 5 lovely cute little cream legbars that looked like this:

[center]Image[/center]

3 weeks later they looked like this:

[center]Image[/center]

and today they look like this:

[center]Image[/center]

They are my punk rockers {rofwl}

They spent their first night outside last night and today around 3pm they came out of the coop to have a look around.
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx

Linda S
Legendary Laner

Re: What a difference in 7 weeks

Post by Linda S »

Tammy iv just googled clbars cause i thought your pic was a wind up :oops: I didnt know some had really cool hair dos, gosh there fab {rofwl} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Mine all have a slightly different hair do. This one has got the biggest!

They have got lovely yellow legs.

I'm looking forward to my first blue egg :-D
Tammy xxx

Mum to two girls Violet and Iris and Hubby! 7 chickens, Easter, Bunny, Daisy, Tulip, Primrose, Buttercup, Snowdrop, 2 silkie chicks Teddy & Rainbow. 1 cat, Gromit. 2 gerbils cheese and onion, 2 guinea pigs Bangers & Mash and my Min Pin puppy Betty. RIP my little Casserole, Hotpot & Stew x Goodnight to my wonderful cat Chance and my wonderful dog Hamish xx
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Hi Tammy do you know when they are tiny if they will have punk dos or do all the girls have them.
When our ladys turned out to be boys i spoke to a breeder and he told me about them and said to go anytime and see them, i havnt dared go yet, but he never mentioned spikey hair, just the eggs.
I must say i liked the sound of them then and knowing i could have def baby girls was great and i looooove the look of them now :-D Lindaxx
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
Wellington Boot
Lively Laner

Post by Wellington Boot »

I know what you mean, I've got some 7 week old CLB too - and they also have the cool hair. I'm almost hoping for an injury so I have an excuse to break out the gentian violet spray, and give them a proper punk makeover! {rofwl}

*Not really*
[center]Wellington Boot Garden Farm is now open for business.
Search for us on Facebook, or check out the website at www.wellingtonbootfarm.co.uk
[/center]
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

Oh i beleive you Nikki )w(

One of these days you will be on here saying that allthough they have no injuries you were walking past said chicks holding purple spray, and oh my goodness you just happened to press the nozzle and squirt an unsuspecting chook .ang.

Please feel free to alter or adapt the above excuse to suit the circumstances i will not be offended in any way {rofwl} Lindaxx
Last edited by Linda S on 02 Jun 2013, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Mine didn't start getting the hair do until about 4-5 weeks old. I have seen pictures of female clb that don't have the punk hair do but not sure if they are pure breeds or not. The male does have them as well but smaller.

When I bought mine I saw mum and dad and the lovely blue eggs mum laid so knew roughly what to expect, although I have got one at the moment with a red comb and wattles so hoping that it doesn't turn out to be a boy. It had all the marking of a girl >dum<
Tammy xxx

tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Wellington Boot wrote:I know what you mean, I've got some 7 week old CLB too - and they also have the cool hair. I'm almost hoping for an injury so I have an excuse to break out the gentian violet spray, and give them a proper punk makeover! {rofwl}

*Not really*

{rofwl}
Tammy xxx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

They look fabulous! +f+

I know what you mean though, my chicks seem to be bigger every time I look at them!

3 weeks and 3 days

7 weeks

Crazy!
tamk23
Legendary Laner

Post by tamk23 »

Lisa I love your chicks, they are really beautiful, such pretty markings. What colour eggs will they lay?

My babies are outside full time now, went out Saturday night. They are so much happier and when I let them out in the morning they are not all on top of one another so I'm happy they are not cold at night.
Tammy xxx

LisaB

Post by LisaB »

They should lay pale pink/creamy eggs Tammy :-D

Once I have a hutch sorted for the chicks to go in the coop they will go outside full time, think it's warm enough now :-D
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

Thanks guys, very cute pics {hug}