My darling top hen Isabella had to leave me today

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
albertajune
Legendary Laner

Re: My darling top hen Isabella had to leave me today

Post by albertajune »

I can only repeat all of the sentiments from other laners. I am so sorry. {hug} {hug}
Sleep tight little Isabella.
I am now a widow and live with my memories.

aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you all so much for your kind messages and pms it gives me such comfort to be among likeminded friends ,we all understand how we feel when we lose our girls ,and has been said the flock over rainbow bridge must be such a wonderful one {hug} {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
sunshine
Lively Laner

Post by sunshine »

sorry for your loss Isabella sounded a real cool chick,, I am hoping that everything will be ready here for the next release date sept. the coup is all scrubbed up and drying gonna get some timber for the run next week.
been looking at the discussion about to creacote or not......... the guy i got it off said they had not had any red-mite and he sprayed reguarly with mite spray )t'
RuthieG
Lively Laner

Post by RuthieG »

Oh I'm so so sorry, such a brave decision to make, huge hugs, lovely x
https://www.facebook.com/1500Kilometers my 1500 km journey to a more healthy me!
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Sorry to read of your loss. {hug}
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

It is so sad when they have to go. I'm so sorry to hear about Isabella, she sounds like a marvelous girl and as has been said, her legacy will live long through you now and the work you do for other ex battery hens. {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
julie62
Legendary Laner

Post by julie62 »

Sorry you lost her Ace - you gave her a truly fantastic life and she changed your life too - just think of all the little hens you've helped since then and it's all down to beautiful Isabella {hug} {hug}
Julie

“cockerels may crow but it's the hen that lays the egg."
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

julie62 wrote:Sorry you lost her Ace - you gave her a truly fantastic life and she changed your life too - just think of all the little hens you've helped since then and it's all down to beautiful Isabella {hug} {hug}

it is a lovely thought Julie and I will keep that in mind when I have a down teary minute ,I will always do my bit for these girls but I cant think about a new little girl at this time it is very raw but if there is a girl who decides she wants to run away and come to my heart and my garden she will be more than welcome xx

these little girls we have lost have to move over and make way in our coops for other little brown hens to have a chance of feeling the sun and the grass and that is what drives me with these beautiful brown girls {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

So sorry Aceface for the loss of your hen, I know what they all mean to you and I have no doubt in my mind that she would have had the best years of her life while in your possesion. You did your bit to make her happy {hug}
Dont ever grow up, its a trap