My darling top hen Isabella had to leave me today

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
aceface
Legendary Laner

My darling top hen Isabella had to leave me today

Post by aceface »

Today my darling girl from my original 3 ex batts had to be put to sleep today ,it was a hard decision to make but her amber eyes told me it was time for her to go {cry}

she came from davina 112 rescue oct 2011 as a scraggy folorn looking little scrap ,however she led the way from day one she was a fantastic top hen and saw those under her grow and mature and gave the odd bokk here and there to put them back in line when they overstepped the mark,

she survived a fox attack and bounced back ,she led a full and happy life with me and made me smile every day .

I will miss you so much my darling Isabella {cry} {hug&kiss}

I will miss your mucky little face and funny wonk in your beak you always smelled chickeny and warm ,who will warm my lap now xx

sleep tight my little girl xx

you stole my heart
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

davina112
Legendary Laner

Re: My darling top hen Isabella had to leave me today

Post by davina112 »

Sorry Ace, I know how you are feeling after my loss yesterday.
Sending you {hug} {hug} {hug}
The day you collected her from me was a special day, I met a lovely lady who I know has given her hens a fantastic life, and whose own life has improved.
[center][/center]Davina
aceface
Legendary Laner

Post by aceface »

thank you davina these 3 little girls opened up a whole new world for me and I have met such lovely and special people through them ,it is no doubt they improved my life and brought me such happiness ,I know today I feel heartbroken but tomorrow is another day and my other girls still need their love and attention aswell {hug}
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx
wendy

Post by wendy »

Aww it always hurts so doesn't it. But she has had a wonderful chicken time with you.
{hug} {hug}
http://www.busheyk9.co.uk

If you can't be a good example........
you will just have to be a horrible warning
manda

Post by manda »

Oh Ace I will say it again to she was free longer than she was caged and she had a VERY good life with you.

It's so hard isn't it because these little feathered bods find a place in your heart, build a nest there and when they leave it leaves such a hole.....

Be kind to yourself though Ace ....it's the hardest decision but the sad truth is they're never meant to be here a long time.....you have made sure though that they have a great time. {hug&kiss} {hug&kiss}
¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)✰
(¸.✰´¨(¸.✰ Manda

Living our version of the Good Life with 1 dog (who feels like we're living with 4!), 1 cats, a few sheep and 11 chooks.
Don't get your knickers in a knot..it solves nothing ~ just makes you walk funny
perchy

Post by perchy »

Aww so sad for you, but I am sure a blessing for her, it is a difficult decision to make but you know it was the right one, and she is now free forever {hug}
bluebell
Legendary Laner

Post by bluebell »

Hi Hun - I am really sorry to read your sad news.

These little ladies wrap themselves around our heart. {hug}

I know its always a very hard decision to make, but its always the last act of kindness we can do for our little friends to ensure they don't suffer.

You gave Isabella a loving home and she has known what it is to be loved - something that well over 20 million of these little chooks in this country never, ever know.

Isabella has introduced to you her world (of the battery hen), hun, every hen you help, every hen that goes to a loving home is all thanks to, and a memorial to Isabella {hug&kiss}
http://www.freshstartforhens.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Helping to give ex-battery hens a fresh start!

http://thevintagebelles.blogspot.co.uk/
Kuikentje
Longlasting Laner

Post by Kuikentje »

Sad to hear this, but my goodness, what a lovely life she seems to have had with you.
Life's too short to quarrel
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

So sorry Ace {hug} What a wonderful flock there must be over Rainbow Bridge {hug}
LYN
chicks&cats
Legendary Laner

Post by chicks&cats »

So sorry Ace to hear about your Isabella. She had a fabulous life with you and well and truly hooked you into the world of being a great (Ace) chicken mummy. Through her she has inspired you to ensure so many further ex-bats are rescued and given the best chance of happiness, as Bluebell said: what a memorial.

Fly high Isabella {hug}
Mad Chick

Post by Mad Chick »

Oh Ace, so so sorry {hug} {hug}
What a lucky little chook she was to have found you {hug&kiss}
Lucy x

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut - Ernest Hemingway
Mercedes
Legendary Laner

Post by Mercedes »

So sorry to hear about your little Isabella, it really is very hard, but it sounds like she had a wonderful life with you {hug} {hug} {hug}
Lyn

Post by Freeranger »

Awww, Ace - how sad for you. When we lose a pet, as we did the lovely Donna recently, OH makes sure that we remember all the things we enjoyed about our time with them. We speak about the time they did so and so, or how much we laughed when they did X. Then every time we feel sad we have one of those memories and we really can celebrate their time with us. You sound as though you have lots of lovely memories and will always enjoy your thoughts of her, as she did her time with you.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Ace i have sent you a pm {hug&kiss} {hug}
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
mariat
Lively Laner

Post by mariat »

So sorry to read you lost your little girl. Sounds like she was a very lucky little hen to have you to care for her. The hard part of having pets is loosing them. Please take comfort from knowing you gave her a happy life after the horrors of the battery farm.