Here we go again!!

Discuss, share and chat about all things relating to keeping Chickens including health issues
Draygor
Lively Laner

Here we go again!!

Post by Draygor »

Hello everyone, it's been quite a long time since I was on here last. I've gone through a house move, different job, heart attack, gave all my hens and a large new coop to my brother............. and now we miss them.

So........ different house, no job, healthier lifestyle and........ We're starting again, I'm building my own coop and run out of timber in my workshop, and we're getting some hens in the next week or so.

So just wanted to say hi........again )w(

I'll let you know on progress of coop and new girls.
Never expect the enemy to be where you expect them to be!!

Richard
Lord Lane of Down...... Site Owner

Re: Here we go again!!

Post by Richard »

Hi

Great to see you.

My you have been going through it - and a mere strap of a lad as well. Guess there's no telling.

I'm glad you have a plan and following your progress on all fronts I'm sure will be an inspiration to many.

Pace yourself, enjoy it and I'm sure it will be of great benefit to you.

Good luck !

Richard )t' )t' )t'
New Member? Get more from the Forum and join in 'Members Chat' - you're very welcome
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Hi

Sounds like you've been going through it. Take it easy and enjoy the hens and your new lifestyle )t'

Welcome back
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Best wishes to you Draygor.
Draygor
Lively Laner

Post by Draygor »

Thanks all,

The house is just where we wanted it - in the middle of nowhere with a few acres, barn, workshop etc. The heart attack unfortunately was due to genetics, I've never been overweight, never smoked, always ate reasonably healthily, and never been a big drinker. Dear old mum had the same at my age, and now she's 79, so there's still hope for me.

I will have to get another job at some point, I was in a similar trap as Richard I'm afraid. It was a stressful senior managerial role of a very well know media company travelling up to 1000 miles a week around good old Blitey }hairout{ . Not good for anyone's health.

I will however get a more relaxed paced job next, and enjoy every day from now on. )t'
Never expect the enemy to be where you expect them to be!!
ChickenCarol
Longlasting Laner

Post by ChickenCarol »

So Glad that you have found the house and land that you can settle in to with a slower pace of life. Chickens are very good stress relievers. We will all look forward to hearing of your progress.
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

LOts of luck to you >fi<
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi JEALOUS already Hope I can live long enough to join you. Sometimes misfortunes bring good things in life (not always though)
Bob Good luck
KathJ
Longlasting Laner

Post by KathJ »

Sounds idylic, we've got our house on the market at the moment hoping to find something just like yours. Unfortunately we'll still have to commute to work for a few years but hope that will be worth it in the long term. Good luck in getting your new girls, I'd love to see some pictures of your new place )like(
Kath xx

Mum to my beautiful girls Lucy, Holly, Rosie, Hettie, Polly, Ruby, Lily, Penny, Gracie, Maisie, Molly, Evie and my gorgeous boy Toby

RIP my beautiful Ranger, Roxy, Bluebelle, Poppy, Speckle, Daisy and Honey xxxx