Aishakalis Chix

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
aceface
Legendary Laner

Re: Aishakalis Chix

Post by aceface »

mmm worms they love us to dig for them mine look at me suprised when i put the trowel down as if its my job to dig for em ................................maybe it is >dum<
[center]HELPING THE LITTLE BROWN GIRLS OF THIS WORLD FIND FOREVER HOMES
Humble chicken maid to a happy little flock
Frankii Whippers leading the way with Dorey,Prila(aka Mrs Brown),Ann-a-Lou Greta, Delphine my adorable silkie,my twin girls Lana and Boudica (aka The Jedward Twins ) ,Augustine Eizabeth(aka Pippy), Rheima, Marnie and Fleur aka little miss chatterbox[/center]

Still loving and missing Skinnie Minnie and Queenie xx

Marlene you taught me how to live and laugh again xx

Isabella my darling top hen ,you stole my heart xx

Porscha my sweet little girl ,you left so suddenly xx

s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

yike* Heidi's egg is massive ! She's definitely trying to impress you there {rofwl}
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

4 eggs today >dowhat< What's the matter with these chix, I thought they were supposed to have a rest in the winter. Another whopper from Heidi, but they are never double yolkers. Sweetie looks at me in disgust and whines, literally, if there are no grapes or mealworms in the evening. She doesn't like corn, only corn on the cob, and she's not keen on anything else apart from cabbage really. Little scaredy cat, or used to be, Heidi will 'allow' me to stroke her if I give her mealworms from my hand. She feels like silk, absolutely beautiful :-D
LYN
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

They're so funny aren't they, how they like some stuff but absolutely avoid other stuff that you would have thought they would have enjoyed. I made them what i thought was a great mash with all sorts of corn and veg and mealworms...they ate the mealworms and turned their noses up at the rest }hairout{ , should have just stuck to their usual banana and pellet mash >shrug<
sharing my home with Kasa the Kelpie Dog, Trouble & Chaos the cats, 8 ex batts and an ever suffering animal suffocated OH
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Yes they all have their likes and dislikes, but it seems mealworms and maggots are fine for everyone, though Sal is very partial to sunflower seeds :-D

4 eggs again today >dowhat< 1st time there has been four for two days running. will be able to give Michelle some more tomorro. Bit boring today, raining most of the day and the girls only ventured into the garden once today, don't like getting their feathers wet it seems. Sweetie and Heidi usually perch in the coop but all of them were snuggled up in the nest boxes this evening, wonder if its a sign of the cold weather :?
LYN
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

My girls adore sunflower seeds too
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Linda S
Legendary Laner

Post by Linda S »

So do mine they go crackers for them :-D Lovely girls you have Lyn, Heidis egg is huge im not surprised she only lays every other day one of our is the same and cant say i blame them :-D . I always use hers to scramble you only need two for loads of tasty fluffy gorgeousness {hug} Lindaxx
And then there was one, Again!!!!
Jemima
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Little Angels Free For Ever
Honey,Lizzi,Peggy-Mitchel,April,Hope,Faith,Blondie, Sorrel,Scarlet, Penny, Gabby, Rosie, Chick-a-Dee
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Remembering Our Beautiful Foster Boys we are so sorry that we couldn't keep you
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

I wonder sometimes how such a big egg can come from such a little hen >dowhat< Before we got the girls, I didn't even think about the size of the eggs or the little girl it came from. Now I can't thank her enough for the beauties she lays for me {hug}
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

I think this is getting boring but......4 eggs, again, today..... :oops: Was able to give Michelle a dozen to take home :-D The 3 Grandkids Joe 8, Ruby 4 and Guy 2 came with me to give the girls their supper. Ruby had named two of the girls, Sally and Rose. The kids hadn't been in the garden for a while as its been too cold but Ruby asked which one was Rose? when I pointed her out she said "Nanny, Rose hasn't got a bare bum anymore!" I didn't think she would have remembered :-D Apart from Sal, the girls were a lot shyer with the kids than Boots or Dolly had been but they have only been home for 3 months so not surprising.
LYN
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

Funny the way they are laying so well at the moment Lyn, mine are just the same,more than enough for my regular customers and me to use so the neighbours are striking it lucky at the moment !
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Hi Annie, Yes it is strange, 4 eggs 3 days in a row, never happened before but it is very nice bless em {hug}
LYN
s33xpt
Lively Laner

Post by s33xpt »

aishakali wrote: Ruby had named two of the girls, Sally and Rose. The kids hadn't been in the garden for a while as its been too cold but Ruby asked which one was Rose? when I pointed her out she said "Nanny, Rose hasn't got a bare bum anymore!" I didn't think she would have remembered :-D

I love the way these kids absorb every detail about the chickens and pets .. and I hope when they grow up they will have a great time reminiscing about Nana's chickens )t'
julieann
Legendary Laner

Post by julieann »

My goodness what a size that egg is; you certainly put it in the eggcup with the appropriate facial expression!
Julie x
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

Hi Juliann. I didn't put the eggs in a specific egg cup but when I realised which one the big egg was in I had a giggle, seemed very apt :-D
LYN
aishakali
Legendary Laner

Post by aishakali »

The girls went into the garden for exactly 3 mins then came rushing back into the run. Didn't want to get their hairdo's wet, blasted rain :?
LYN