My attempt to keep chickens.

Start your own thread and let us follow you through the year
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Re: My attempt to keep chickens.

Post by KarenE »

Oh Bob, I'm so sorry you are having to make the decision for Cuddles. This day was inevitable from when she had her diagnosis, and it's a miracle and down to your care and love that she has had this long and happy a life, given her diagnosis. You should be proud, and I hope you will be once the hurt and grief has lessened.

{hug} {hug} because you need it, and take care
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper

bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Post by bikesandbirdsbob »

Hi thank you , as said it does not make it any easier to do it , but it is the only way forward .
She truly has had a good life . have not got home yet to chech her as waiting for my new car to turn up late .....
Stressing out now not going to see her .
Thank you again .
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , so upset , Went home at 2.00pm on a quick dash as still no car turned up .
Cuddles had climbed out of her crate at some point in time , staggered into the dog cage and pushed her self up to the end of it and shoved her head through the metal caging trapped .
I managed to get her head out and put her back into the crate and gave her a drink and some tom. She is on her last lags now and it is time to say good bye .
6.30pm tonight or before she will be gone and just a memory of a famous , girl in my flock.
Heart broken , should pull her neck and put her out of her trouble .
Bob
KarenE
Legendary Laner

Post by KarenE »

Oh Bob {hug} It is time to say goodbye, and you know she will be more than just a memory. As long as you remember her and love her, she will always be with you {hug}
Karen
Alpha chick to: Smudge, Matisse and Bluebell
Chief servant to Marley the cat
Remembering Weeps, Rexie, Sage, Cassie, Toffee, Captain Gabby, Commander Nugget, Ronnie, Juno, Special Poetry and Reading Casper, Tigger, Tophenanall Rembrandt, Chestnut, Tiddly, Willow, Mango, Coco, Dorian Grey and Pokey.
Also my lost furries Charlie and Jasper
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

Oh that's so sad Bob. Cuddles sounds like a fab little girl. Thinking of you at this difficult time.
amber66
Longlasting Laner

Post by amber66 »

Oh Bob I am so sorry. Reading your posts i can tell how upset you are feeling. I am sorry i can't do any more than send you a hug. {hug}
Amber.
kitla
Legendary Laner

Post by kitla »

oh Bob, so sorry {hug}
"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi After a special cuddle , Cuddles was PTS at 7.10pm . poppet had her eye cut but nowt came out . Injection local for the cutting and anti bio`s. brought home. have not got a special hen , though a few stars are appearing . ghost has gone down with something on sat ( white ranger red ring ) maybe egg trouble... tylan at the moment and special feeds and water . sleeping with the flock at night and during the day. Surprised last night Capt. Chaos wanted to get up with Desmond and his girls and could not figure how to . Head up looking and walking about underneath him . Picked him up and checked him out ,seems good ,no harm, put him on a perch , climbed over and sat next to Desmond . For a good few minutes , then Desmond decided to peck him . He just moved a few more inches away. Stayed there the rest of the night. Maybe a new bit of bonding going on. Miss not having a girl to meet me at the door or come when called (Food does not count ) .
Had to go back to the vets sat evening as forgot Harleys pain and anti - swelling pills .
Hope it is all going to settle down for a while but flock age is high and odds are that more trouble will be on the horizon.
Hope everyone else is good including Honey sandy.
Bob
stripeddonkey
Lively Laner

Post by stripeddonkey »

bikesandbirdsbob wrote:Hi After a special cuddle , Cuddles was PTS at 7.10pm . poppet had her eye cut but nowt came out . Injection local for the cutting and anti bio`s. brought home. have not got a special hen , though a few stars are appearing . ghost has gone down with something on sat ( white ranger red ring ) maybe egg trouble... tylan at the moment and special feeds and water . sleeping with the flock at night and during the day. Surprised last night Capt. Chaos wanted to get up with Desmond and his girls and could not figure how to . Head up looking and walking about underneath him . Picked him up and checked him out ,seems good ,no harm, put him on a perch , climbed over and sat next to Desmond . For a good few minutes , then Desmond decided to peck him . He just moved a few more inches away. Stayed there the rest of the night. Maybe a new bit of bonding going on. Miss not having a girl to meet me at the door or come when called (Food does not count ) .
Had to go back to the vets sat evening as forgot Harleys pain and anti - swelling pills .
Hope it is all going to settle down for a while but flock age is high and odds are that more trouble will be on the horizon.
Hope everyone else is good including Honey sandy.
Bob

{cry}
Cheshire Chick
Longlasting Laner

Post by Cheshire Chick »

So sorry Bob. You never get used to it, it's always heatbreaking. {hug}
sandy
Legendary Laner

Post by sandy »

Bob I am on an iPad thingy very awkward keeps guessing wrongly what i want to say so just this post!!!!I dI'd text you thanks so much for tylan honey ok but quite when I left her to come here Torquay so sorry about Cuddles xxxxx
The Pink Ladies..Audrey,Ingrid-Bergman,Madeleline,Norma-Jean,Dora,Janice,Jo,Robyn,Chrissy and Joyce
The Peds…Mork,Mindy,Bell,Saphire &
Vorky ,Blueped,Ginger,Ninger &Linky

Sunny Clucker was ere July 12-21 2012
Sunny Clucker was ere July 6 2016 to Sept 9th 2017
Sunny Clucker is here , rehomed Aug 18th 2018/
Trev62
Legendary Laner

Post by Trev62 »

Sorry to hear you have lost Cuddles a "Special one".

Take care Bob.
"Not all those who wander are lost"
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi , you do not realise what you have until it has gone .
Ghost is a lot better , walking around and eating on her own and gain strength all the time . More tylan squirted in her this am . Miracles do happen , or at least for a while.
4.30 am lay in this am . done my back so walking about like a doubled up old man that I am beginning to feel.
Counted 40 in the flock last night . Capt. Chaos back in big Coop last night . But at least he is in the main run over night .

hope all flocks are well .
bob
I did get your messages sandy , but in box full so had to delete a lot before I could read it.
Hope you have a good time .
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , ghost is wandering around , not sure she is eating , pecking and doing a good act.
gave her some food and she was really livelly and jumped off the table . outside with flock after a squirt or two of tylan.
noisy boys this morning.
Captain Chaos slept in the big coop and settling in well.
Bob
bikesandbirdsbob
Legendary Laner

Hi all , had a look at the piece of ground , be all right for blackberries , Not sure if I would get on with the locals. Licence to park . Not sure what that means legally, if anyone knows be good to advise. Thing is the house s opposite park on thr front end , 7/8 vans no where else to park as a country road . Niece area . Now if the ground is mine but cannot use what is the point of having it. Council would prefer agriculture /live stock use . House only on exceptional basis. Not sure again about valuing it . Bot sure worth 20,000pounds guide price.
Lots to check out before bidding the next few days. Be a good bike park /practise ground for next year.
Flock good , ghost out this morning cleaning and in amongst the girls. Not sure which of the flock is the next Penelope , Penelope 2 has gone feral , Quaker is a good girl but does not show her colours and wanders off pretty quick .Poppet is probably going to be the one as she has lots more attention . Goldie the little bantam is also on the list . Captain Chaos was missing last night , found him at the back of the nest boxes head down sleeping. Not exactly a boy to miss but was getting late. So pleased that he has settled in , even though he does not get quiet time with the girls do to ,Champ, Desmond and Goldie 2 interfering . Keep them fit hens and cockerels.
Meeting with the bank manager later to organise the funding . Enquires into the land pre occupying me at work , work meeting this morning takes an hour with the bigegr boss, have to tell him to hurry up and go back to the glass tower .
I do not come to work to WORK for sure.
Sat and Sunday night shift night s M/T /W hol`s Thurs and Fri. so good week to look forward to.
Hope all are well and Honey is recovered and up to mischief .
Bob