Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by Annie »

The heat isnt helping with trying to garden either is it Perchy, I didnt do half of what I said and still it took me all afternoon ? Slow but sure gets there in the end {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

What a difference in 24hrs !!! )app( )app( ...it must be really hard work for you with the hose pipe ban {hug}
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:What a difference in 24hrs !!! )app( )app( ...it must be really hard work for you with the hose pipe ban {hug}

It is Jannie, we have always been careful with water, but this really is taking its toll, it has been so hot, am trying to make sure everything has had a good water before its gone in and then when in re watered, asked Mr P to do it in the morning before it gets warm.

Will try and get some more bits done this week but have a heavy schedule with work etc will keep at it!
perchy

Post by perchy »

Have had an hour in the greenhouse and tried to get it into some sort of order, it does seem to be getting there, potted on tomatoes and peppers and the cucumber, I have 3, sowed 6 so not too bad, plenty for us, have a few strawberries, the ones outside are coming along too

It does seem to be growing, making sure only what needs watering is getting watered )t'

as I keep saying, it is getting there x
Annie
Project Hedgehog Leader

Post by Annie »

of course it is Perchy {hug}
It will be alright in the end , if its not alright, it isn't the end .
Quote from the proprietor of the The best exotic Marigold Hotel for the elderly and beautiful
jannie
Hedgehog Champion

Post by jannie »

I bet you're glad to see the rain today Perchy!! :-D ..It's all looking lovely, so you can sit back with a nice Bacardi & Coke tonight and take a well earned rest )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

jannie wrote:I bet you're glad to see the rain today Perchy!! :-D ..It's all looking lovely, so you can sit back with a nice Bacardi & Coke tonight and take a well earned rest )t'

what do you mean? )grin2(

The rain has had an amazing effect in such a short time, and the water butt has some in too, I have buckets everywhere in case it rains whilst I am out {rofwl}

I only have a few more bits to opt on for now and then can sit back for a couple of days, >fi<
perchy

Post by perchy »

No pics I am afraid have been busy on another bit of the garden, however, I have planted out sweetcorn today and had a good weed and tidy, today has been the first day it hasn't rained!! I will get some pics tomorrow, it is looking tidy, although I think my potatoes must taste of sweetcorn {hug}

little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Love your little helpers Perchy. )t'
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

little brown hen wrote:Love your little helpers Perchy. )t'

They are such good little gardeners }hairout{

Just a few more pics, steadily growing

I wish we would get some warmer weather, really could do with it now >fi<
perchy

Post by perchy »

We had a terrible storm last night and the downpour and wind have taken their toll on the broad beans and potatoes, they have been sent reeling to the floor, it was too wet to do anything about it after work today and so tomorrow looks like tidying up if the weather holds, feel a bit disheartened seeing it tonight but am sure I will be able to save some >fi< this is probably the hardest challenge where the garden is concerned, we really do need some warmer weather.

Oh good news the HOSEPIPE ban has been lifted for us )c( will probably need to use it in 2013 when the garden has dried out )gr:
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

Oh lucky you!! Southern water has lifted their ban but South East haven't. I have just been online to find out who I am with..... }hairout{

Perchy, I had my dumpling squash plant squashed ( :? ) last night by the torrential rain too. My fault for planting it out too early. }hairout{
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

Looks a pitiful sight this morning, and the sky looks full of rain, will try and get everything upright and tie it up, sorry about your squashed squash .ang.
Mrs B

Post by Mrs B »

I was drowned too Perchy, I hope you manage to save some things in the garden.

This weather is }hairout{
perchy

Post by perchy »

Mrs B wrote:I was drowned too Perchy, I hope you manage to save some things in the garden.

This weather is }hairout{

I am really fed up with it now, it is getting beyond a joke, I will not give up yet, although feel like it {cry}