Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
perchy

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by perchy »

I feel so behind with this really, and now everyone is getting so organised, I have the horse manure, and Mr P will dig it in for me tomorrow or Saturday and Uni son is home, he will do the heavy work too, have decided to put pots on the fence on the long piece of garden, so the girls can still go on there and I can at least have some salad leaves etc

I love Jannies seedbox envy}} I used a biscuit container from Christmas and decorated the top )t'

The potatoes are coming along now, just a few, these can go in a compost sack, but will get some more seed potatoes at the weekend, then I will sit down and work out where the wigwams will be going, what I can grow up the fences, sort the canes out, see if anything needs replacing, doubt it as did try to store and keep everything from last year, will take pics of each area and you can imagine what it will be like >fi<

Will start the mushrooms off on Saturday too, then I can keep the diary up to date, all being well.

Greenhouse is a priority and although I have cleaned up the loose straw, there is still a bale in there as we had the bitter weather and thought it would be needed, that will come out and it should be all systems go.

Well done everyone and I am hopefully on the road to organisation!!

Perchy Thrower
perchy

Post by perchy »

Got some seed potatoes from Aldi tonight, am hoping to get a good few hours in the garden and greenhouse tomorrow )t'

I will now I have seen Jannie's )grin2(
perchy

Post by perchy »

Things didn't quite go according to plan but hopefully I am now on the road to getting organised in the greenhouse, to say you could hardly get in there was an understatement it is now becoming a bit tidier :oops:

Have bought some more herb seeds from Aldi and will hopefully start to get some seeds sown this weekend.

Potatoes chitting nicely and will start onions off in pots, they did well last year.

Hope to have some decent news and pics shortly )t'
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

Thought you had sneaked into our garden and photographed our greenhouse, Perchy.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Spreckly wrote:Thought you had sneaked into our garden and photographed our greenhouse, Perchy.

{rofwl}

I am sure there are more out there )scare(
p.penn

Post by p.penn »

You should worry Spreckly -I thought she had photographed my lounge. {rofwl}
Helen xx

3 children, 3 grandchildren, 3 chooks, 3 fish, a shrimp that thinks its a prawn and a dappy dog.
http://www.acountrygrandma.blogspot.com
perchy

Post by perchy »

Have had a very busy day today in the garden although it hardly looks like it, the girls had their last hour of freedom and made sure they made a mess }hairout{

I have swept and tidied although a bit better now, still some work to do!

Bought some compost for repotting the lobelia and petunia's, had a little help with that too, I bought Aldi's seed compost was very good I thought and some grow bags, am going to pinch Mallard's idea of using them on their side this year

The potatoes are chitting nicely will try and decide where they will be going and have some pentland javelin too, I am hoping to the get the wigwams up tomorrow, am going to try to see where the beans will go best and now I have the extra space I want to make sure the flowers and veg compliment each other, also have an old water tank that Mr P thought we could use, will probably make a feature out of it (use imagination)?

The greenhouse is clearer than it was and most of the pots and trays are out ready, have planted cucumbers today, I really enjoyed the plant I had last year and will sow beans and peas tomorrow and also making some pots and hangers of pansies until the bedding plants are ready to fill them up again, hoping to use the fence for pots too.

Started the mushrooms off and will check in 2/3 days and then have to lift the lid, hope they are successful like last year >fi<

Chilli's and peppers should be coming through soon all being well, am still a bit unsure about them, time will tell!!

Onions are sprouting away, didn't realise how quick they would, planning where to put it all now, I did have a plan but it has changed again!

The compost bins have been turned by Mr P and the good compost has been dug into the veg patch, will leave a few days and then rake it over and start to make row markers.

Having been so busy lately I missed the beauty in the garden, but today, spotted the crocus, a little sparse as the girls have been weeding for me :shock:

Will take some more pics tomorrow all being well )t'
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

p.penn wrote:You should worry Spreckly -I thought she had photographed my lounge. {rofwl}

HaHaaaaa!!!!!!!!! {rofwl} {rofwl} {rofwl} :-D
Lillia
Legendary Laner

Post by Lillia »

perchy wrote:Have had a very busy day today in the garden .....

You have really gotten alot done, Perchy! And your photos are great~ :-D
Panteg Produce
Legendary Laner

Post by Panteg Produce »

)t' Large or small there's always enough room to grow some veg!

:-D
Live a simple life and be happy , Rich.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Panteg Produce wrote:)t' Large or small there's always enough room to grow some veg!

:-D

Definitely )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

The plot is dug, Thank you Mr P {hug}

Just the other side to do now, full of lovely compost.

Onions set in the greenhouse this morning

Sown lettuce and peppers and toms, peas, runner beans, broad beans and sweetcorn, some herbs and mixed lettuce leaves.

Have started the sweet peas, nasturtians, morning glory to go alongside the runner beans and peas :-D

Still some work to do in here yike*

Will get the wigwams up >fi< today and start some hanging baskets )t'
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

Its all looking good Perchy. )t'
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
Spreckly
Legendary Laner

Post by Spreckly »

You have been busy, Perchy. Glad I am not the only one whose OH does the digging!
perchy

Post by perchy »

little brown hen wrote:Its all looking good Perchy. )t'

Thank you {hug}

Otherside is now dug will take some pics tomorrow, have put fleece over the stuff in the greenhouse and the girls still have access and it is a bit cool in there, will see how it goes.