Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Forgot what happened last year - maybe it's here!!
perchy

Re: Perchy's Pottager Patch 2012

Post by perchy »

I would really like a seed box like Jannie's envy}} but have decided to make one, I have the box ready and will post when done, had another sort through the greenhouse and found 15 packets of half empty seeds, so going to give them a go too )t' and with 18 decent packets and envelopes of my own dried seeds that is alot of planting )t'

Jannies seed box

viewtopic.php?f=74&t=35394&start=15" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
little brown hen
Legendary Laner

Post by little brown hen »

I bet your girls enjoyed getting on the earth, they were watching your son with great interest! I look forward to seeing your plot as the year goes on. )t'
Mum to Sox and Boo,and hens, Bramble,
Belle,Bourbon,Holly,Ivy, May and June
RIP Daisy my cat,and Spice, Clara, Alice, Biscuit, Cookie Clarice and Henrietta. Over rainbow bridge, but never forgotten.
perchy

Post by perchy »

They did enjoy it, and they did a good job )t' as soon as you open the tool shed they are at the fence {hug}
LittleBrownFrog
Legendary Laner

Post by LittleBrownFrog »

Looking good )t' I need to take some pictures tomorrow & start my own diary thread ... I did an hour of weed-hacking today, but you wouldn't believe it to look at it. My cunning plan is to clear most of the veggie patch & then move the chickens there to keep it clear while I build their new run )t'
"Happiness is like a butterfly; the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder..." Thoreau.
perchy

Post by perchy »

Yes, take pics LBF, it is surprising how quickly it can progress and the girls will do a good job of clearing the garden for you )t'
gardenergirl
Lively Laner

Post by gardenergirl »

Your garden looked really beautiful last year Perchy!

When I was lifting turf for my new veg beds over the last couple of days I never even thought of giving it to the chooks! Of course they would like to play with it - I'll have to go and retrieve it from the bottom of the bank now! :oops:

I can't wait to see what you do with your space this year! :-D
perchy

Post by perchy »

They loved it )t'

Have started sketching where I would like things this year, but with pottager themes, things should in fact "do their own thing" that's fine, but I still want to be able to easily access veg :-D

It gives me a lift to look at last years photo's and all others who have posted, we are a competitive lot, in a nice way {hug}

jannie :b(
perchy

Post by perchy »

I have bought some onion sets red (red baron) and normal (stuttgarter), we are nearly at the end of last years shallots, must get some more of them, now all the girls are in together we may also reclaim the strip of land we set apart for the babies, think we will put runner beans at the bottom and then the onions etc, that is where the rose bushes are (roughly) and so will grow the sweet peas there too, also the new bit we have dug up, should have enough space for veg, and flowers and also Aldi have some fruit trees for £3.99 not sure if they are any good, says on the label they grow 6 to 10 ft, am sure I could pop one in somewhere near the cherry, will take some pics in the week.

Still working on the seed box, but it is coming on nicely now, still need to clear the straw from the greenhouse, still a bit too cold yet, found the jeyes fluid for cleaning and stating to sort the pots out.

Lots to do, but spring will be here before we know it!!!
madmum
Legendary Laner

Post by madmum »

Last year my mother got some trees from Aldi.Acouple of them have been quite prolific )t'
If you always do what you always do ,you will always get what you have always got!
HappyBob
Legendary Laner

Post by HappyBob »

The tree,s from Aldi,s will be ok Perchy, I bought a plum, and an apple tree over 5 years ago from them and they are doing fine.
Dont ever grow up, its a trap
perchy

Post by perchy »

ooh yes they had apple and plum, think I will go for it, and give them a go, where will I keep them until the weather is better, says not to be planted in really cold conditions?
gardenergirl
Lively Laner

Post by gardenergirl »

Are they bare root or containerised?
perchy

Post by perchy »

Bare rooted, just in a green bag covering the roots about 4/5 ft )t'
gardenergirl
Lively Laner

Post by gardenergirl »

We sold bare root plants at the garden centre I worked in, and the advice was to heel them into compost if the ground is frozen, just to cover the roots and stop them drying out or freezing up. Do you have a pot you can pop them into till the ground thaws up? In the greenhouse would be good. They'd be happier that way than left in the bag. )t'
perchy

Post by perchy »

Went to Aldi tonight and they havn't any trees left }hairout{ but I did get a mushroom kit )c( I loved it last year and it was £3.99, reasonable I thought.
Have made a start on the greenhouse, and hopefully may have an hour or so at the weekend.
Have also found some potatoes that are sprouting :oops: so going to give them a go too, I got quite a few last year, grew them in a bag )t'
Going to put compost from the compost bin on the newly dug piece this weekend, and will stop off on the way to work to get some free horse manure, give it chance to mature )t'